IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! First post on here, although I've been lurking for awhile before I purchased my car. I recently bought a modified 05 STi from a dealership, they knew very little about the work done to the car, but I had a pretty good idea of what was done to it. Knowing I was buying a car that was extensively modified and most likely beat on pretty hard, I was ready to start fixing things, but I'm having trouble pin pointing what's wrong at this point.
Mods are as follows (that I know of):
-ATP gt3076r stock location turbo
-FMIC
-Unequal length headers
-Downpipe
-Greddy catback
-Unknown fuel system (injectors are yellow, deatschwerks 850's maybe?)

Now onto the issues.
The car uses about a quart of oil every tank of gas. It doesn't smoke on start up. It smokes under WOT, but not anything crazy just a decent grayish blue puff. It does not smoke out the oil filler cap, just air. I ran a compression test on the car to make sure it wasn't a ringland. They were 123/120/120/115, so I feel I've ruled out a ringland.

Only other thing about the car that concerns me is my AFR's. The car had no gauges in it when I bought it :eek:. I bought Prosport boost, wideband and EGT. Boost spikes to 24PSI and tapers to 17 by redline, AFR's are floored at 10 when boost comes on and lean out to 12-12.5 by redline. Now I am new to FI engines, coming from an NA V8, but this doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks for any help and opinions! Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Those compression readings seem low. My 170,000 mile motor is 140 on all cylinders, cold.

May point to worn rings. This coincides with 1 quart per 250 miles(!). Wow.

Others will have more advice.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,565 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts