IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Hard Driving Feedback

Keep hereing STI is a limited production run, how many are being made for 2004. Here in Los Angeles I have been to three dealers, they were asking 8-10 thousand over sticker. Between the three dealers they had 36 STI to sell seems like a lot of cars on hand for a limited run. For 42.500 I mite as well go by a Corvette. The WRX is nice car but not that nice. Went through the same BS with my GN. Does not make the car worth any more, just more cash in the dealers hands. :roll:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Re: anyone have a decent WRX or STi outline/silhouette i can

Slow86GN said:
Here in Los Angeles I have been to three dealers, they were asking 8-10 thousand over sticker.
egads, that sux. if you want the car bad enough, be willing to travel for it. so people bought theirs several states away from their home. even on ebay, there are some selling for below msrp. they're available, if you want it bad enough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got mine at MSRP with everything done via email at [email protected] The guy is names Joe Spitz and if you want to check it out tell him I sent you. They are good folks to deal with and for 8-9K$ the drive from Seattle is worth the effort.

Jim Sanchez

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yeah, definitely look elsewhere. Just about all the dealerships in the Bay Area will do $1k under MSRP or better - at least that was the case 2 weeks ago.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
jhsanchez said:
I got mine at MSRP with everything done via email at [email protected] The guy is names Joe Spitz and if you want to check it out tell him I sent you. They are good folks to deal with and for 8-9K$ the drive from Seattle is worth the effort.

Jim Sanchez
I'll vouch for that. Joe made everything really easy, and they never once ask for a penny over sticker. ;)

·
Registered
986 Posts
HarlanPepper said:
Yeah, definitely look elsewhere. Just about all the dealerships in the Bay Area will do $1k under MSRP or better - at least that was the case 2 weeks ago.
He he I have been driving by Livermore Subaru (norhtern CA) and they have no less than 3 STi's in the lot. Still $5k mark up :eek:

I am guessing that if one wanted can negotiate at MSRP or less.
:wink:

Nick

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I'm absolutely amazed that anyone should have to pay MSRP, let alone more. I was able to get a total of 5 quotes in my area all for between $500 to $800 over invoice using the internet. And judging by the numbers of STi's sitting at dealers around here and also in other areas (based on the comments I've read in these forums), I think the price gouging days should be long over.

Still, I'm sure there are plenty of dealers who are still trying to convince people this car is very hard to get and still requires more than MSRP to own. :x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts