Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Asking Price.....$26,000 OR Best Offer

I’m starting this thread to gauge interested in my car. I REALLY, REALLY don’t want to get rid of it, but I’m afraid I’ve gotten in a bit over my head with this whole project, and I’m afraid if I continue on, in the next few months I will be driving around in an STi that I have about $20,000 in modifications in. (Currently, it’s over $16,000 without factoring in the $4,000 in labor) All prices listed below are without Labor, and I believe I have receipts for almost all of them.

Here is a link to my Photobucket account with LOTS of pictures of the car

Modifications:

Engine (All Engine Modifications have less than 2,000 miles on them at the moment, and were installed at Dyno4mance in Calhoun, Georgia www.dyno4mance.com ):

($4,300)Cobb Tuning Stage 2 Fully Built Block with options
Features:

Brand-new EJ25 "STI" Semi-closed Block (2.5L Displacement)
Billet Steel (4340) I-beam "Long" Connecting Rods
Forged Aluminum "3D Chamber Matched" Pistons (8.5:1 CR, customizable)
Heavy-Duty Chromoly Piston Pins
Low Friction Piston Rings
STI Forged Chromoly Crankshaft (79mm Stroke)
Computerized Balance of rotating assembly
Also Added: (Piston Thermal Coating, Upgraded Main and Rod Bearings, ARP Head Studs)

($3,000)Customized Perrin GT30R Rotated Mount Turbo Kit with MAF Relocated into the fender well
Tial 44mm Wastegate plumbed back into the downpipe
($1,500) APS DR725 (Stealth Black) front Mount Intercooler
($230) Forge Type RS recirculation Bypass Valve
($120) Perrin Oil Catch Can
($650) Power Enterprise 850cc Injectors
($110)Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
($650) Greddy Evo 2 Exhaust (with Kartboy Polyurethane Hangers)
($700 tuned) Ecutek Engine Management Flashed by Shiv Pathak Owner of Vishnu to scale the injectors and get a smooth idle
($1,300) Vishnu XEDE custom tuned by Shiv for 93 octane and 18 psi for a really safe tune (race gas map still needs to be tuned)

Driveline:

($650) RPS Turbo Max Clutch and Pressure plate (Good for over 500whp) and it’s sprung so it ingages as smooth as stock

($350) (Turn In Concepts – “Super Shifter Set” includes the following )
Kartboy front shifter stay bushing
Kartboy rear shifter stay bushing
Turn-in-concepts shift linkage bushings
Kartboy short Shifter

Exterior:
($750) Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood & Carbon Fiber Hood scoop
($60) Hella Dual Tone 118db horns mounted behind front grill
($130) Custom Pillarless front grill
($550) JDM STi Dichromatic Fog Lights and matching Fog Surrounds
($350) E Auto V-Limited Replica Front Lip WITH REAL V-LIMITED BADGE (I had 2 orginal V-Limited crack on me already so I just bought a replica and just placed the original badging on it)

Suspension:
Stock STi Suspension
($600) Falken Azenis RT-615 Tires on the factory BBS Wheels (tires have 6,000 Miles on them)

The Car’s Potential:

First let me say the car drives Beautifully, and idles like a dream!!!!! I had my car fully worked on my Andrew Punchard of Dyno4mance and Shiv Pathak of Vishnu Tuning. After the initial install I broke in the engine properly for 800 miles and then the tuning began. The car was tuned on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno which read change VERY accurately but show power numbers much lower than that of a Dynojet. The standard Correction factor between a Dyno Dynamics and a Dynojet is about 17%. My car was tuned at 19psi on a very safe tune and put out 347whp on the Dyno Dynamics unti, which equates to about 406whp on a Dynojet. Again, this was a very conservative tune and at only 19psi. The 93 octane tune could probably pick up another 15-20whp, but I wanted a safe tune to drive every day and a race gas map for when I was feeling dangerous. The Cobb Block can easily handle 30psi if tuned on the proper octane. My plan was to take the car back down to Dyno4mance next weekend and have it tuned all out on 110 octane at 28psi, but it looks like that plan is canceled. We estimate on 110 octane the car will probably put out about 415whp on Andrew’s Dyno which on a Dynojet would be somewhere around 485whp. The car is extremely fast as it sits, and just needs 1 map to be tuned for race gas and it’ll be a Freaking MONSTER!!!!

Asking Price:

The car only has 32,000 miles on it, and the drivetrain only has about 2,500 so it’s still a baby. I think a fair asking price for the car immaculate STOCK would be $24,000. HOWEVER, this car is far from stock!!! The car has $16,000 worth of Top Quality Modifications and runs perfectly. I thank that trying to recoup about 33% of my investment in my modifications is more than reasonable. So starting from $24,000 for a stock car I feel that $27,000 for a car with this quality of work is a reasonable starting asking price.

The car is located in Chattanooga, TN…. Please let me know if you need pictures of anything that isn’t represented to your liking…..thanks for reading my ad.

-Jason Pruett

(423) 304-9820

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jeez.....come on people!!! I know most of us on here already own STi's but surely there is someone looking for a magnificently modified STi with pretty low miles. Where are all the newbie lookie-loo's at?

-Jason

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Awesome built car... you truly did some extensive work here. I'm surprised no one has jumped at this, but you should certainly reconsider the sale. Look how far you have come already!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Personally, I think the problem of selling it resides with the fact that your dyno numbers seems low, however you reference another dyno saying that it should be this much. Kinda sounds like BS to me and that all that work didn't amount to anything.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just curious, who/where did your get your pillar delete done? Looks gorgeous

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
siusti said:
Personally, I think the problem of selling it resides with the fact that your dyno numbers seems low, however you reference another dyno saying that it should be this much. Kinda sounds like BS to me and that all that work didn't amount to anything.

Sir,

You are an ignorant, ignorant man..... please keep your comments to yourself as you obviously know nothing abou dyno tuning.....there is a HUGE difference between a dynojet and a load bearning dyno (example: dynodynamics or a mustang dyno) the numbers that this car puts out on 93 pump gas on 19 pounds of boost kill most STi's with a similar GT30R running the same amount of boost. The numbers aren't low...it was just tuned for a safe street drive. at 27psi and 110 octane this car will easily put out over 480whp on a dynojet.....dynojet numbers are what most people judge by, however it isnt as an effective tuning tool (and a dynojet is much cheaper than a $175,000 Dyno Dynamics Dyno) so the numbers may seem low to someone who doesn't know what he's talking about, but to anyone whom could truly appreciate what this car is tuned for and is capable of know that the numbers on that dyno chart are MORE than adequate..... just for measure an STi with a Superzilla 55 running on 110 octane on the same dyno directly before me only put out 335whp.....so my car put out over 10 more whp running at 19psi an only on 93 octane. So please sir, if you don't know what you are talking about please leave this forum.

-Jason

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AcePitcher11 said:
was the damage fixed from your accident in your driveway?
Oh yes,

All the pictures on my photobucket account with the carbon fiber hood are after the damage was fixed...the pictures were taken about 2 weeks ago, and the car hasn't moved an inch in the driveway since.

-jason

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Takano said:
+1 Buddy of mine used to run his GSX on a AWD Dyno Dynamics Dyno. Those numbers in the original post are dead on conversions for a Dynojet.
Thanks man, I can't thank you enough for backing me up (I hate it when people open their mouths without truly knowing what they are talking about).....The car is still for sale, but I haven't bumped the thread for awhile because I've been out of town for a month..... Hopefully someone truly deserving will end up with her.....she means the world to me.

However, the price is now negotiable....I honestly just don't have time for her anymore.... I'm not in a hurry to sell so lowball offers won't be accepted, but I'll bend a bit, or be flexable with paying for half the shipping to the west coast.

-Jason

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
uhmmm... seems like a good set up; and i would buy if.... you can get this car to pass california inspection at the DMV. Passing the smog test just takes an extra 300$ to bribe some guy, but i still dunno how to get the DMV inspection through.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. If anyone wants to buy a Stage 2 05 I would buy it!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again for the compliments guys..... Tell your friends that are looking for STi's that this my car is available...... I'd be so pissed if I had just bought and STi and found out that a car was available with everything I would have ever wanted to do to mine.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Wow thats awesome!! If you still have it in the spring I may have a friend looking for you. SICK!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.