IW STi Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 sti I just bought with a knocking motor. It ran good, no issues. I bought a brand new short block and used heads and put it back together and in the car. She fired right up but with a misfire on cylinder 1. It smooths out when you give it a little throttle. Disconnect coil, no change. First thought was vacuum leak, sprayed to find the Evap stuff behind alternator is cracked but besides that it doesn't have leaky intake gasket or anything. So I checked spark, it's nice and strong. Them checked compression because you know, it's a Subaru. Good compression and compared with cyl 3. Swapped injectors, nothing. I can hear injectors firing so I know pcm is telling it what to do. Did leak down with 20% leak down on both cylinders. That's pretty low. My question is, when I pulled the motor, I didn't remove 02 sensor. It was getting caught on the body but I was careful and it doesn't look like it hurt it. But now I'm starting to second guess. Please help before I head to the store and grab a damn for sale sign lol

1 - 1 of 1 Posts