IW STi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
313 Posts
I didn't unmarry mine and passed a OBD inspection. I have an 05 but an 04 won't be any differant.

· Registered
629 Posts
It probably depends upon the inspection. Here they only do a visual inspection. They climb under the car and look for a cat if there is one you are good to go. On emissions testing you should be fine also w/ a cat. A lot of places can not do rolling emissions on a 4wd vehicale so you just have it sitting at idle while they check.

· Registered
14,323 Posts
No checks here:D

· Registered
6,569 Posts
NJ just does an obd plug in test. My buddy with passed with an aftermarket turbo, 3" strait pipe and a custom XS engineering tune on his wrx wagon at the state instpection station. As long as they dont do an actual emissions test and just check for codes you are fine as long as you have EM. If they do emissions, as long as you have a cat and you have been running the car recently (warm catalyst hastens light off) you will be fine. EM plu Cat should equal a pass in all but CA.

· Premium Member
2,334 Posts

· Registered
6,726 Posts
It varies by state. you should probably tell us what state.

In indiana, you don't have to get emissions done until your car is 5 years old. All they do for your first test is hook up to the obd port and make sure you're not throwing any CELs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.