IW STi Forum banner

02 Civic SI vs 04 STI

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  renichms 
#1 ·
That's right, I'm a civic driver.....the ugly civic no less. Do I respect Subaru's.....of course. I tried to buy a "round eyed" WRX but couldn't because I'd built negative equity in my ep (body style class for the civic I drive.) Anyway, I thought you fellas (and ladies?) might get a kick out of this true story.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=4cfbcdea8e2ce8b8371c71c43b5fa1d5&threadid=15228

The STI in this story was a silver, probably the one I sat in while it was at the dealership. Apparently this dealership didn't call the person who purchased the STI for aprox. five days. Why? The car came with the gold BBSs and the sales people wanted to wait for the blue STI to come in so that they could switch the wheels (it came with the silver BBSs.) Regardless, if I had money down on that car.....and the dealer didn't call me as soon as it came in.....

#5 ·
vnordan3 said:
I did have it in 6th gear but hit 142mph before getting in front of the work truck. Anyway just having fun. :wink:
If that's true (not sure if the wink is because you are kidding, or because of your "just having fun" comment), don't come to this part of the country, please. I prefer you not be racing around at 140mph in traffic while any friends or loved ones of mine are on the road. At a 70mph differential or more with the other cars on the road, you are begging for trouble unless your name is Michael Schumacher or Juan Pablo Montoya.

#6 ·
The other day I had a new Civic Si (riced out) rice-by me. Pulled fromt he light, not going fast so he winds out a gear, blasted by me and then yanked into my lane without a signal. Think I saw hazards too...

Oh well, completely unrelated stories. Sorry for the hijack.

RN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.