IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, thank you for taking the time to read this. I really need some help with this code I have been getting on my Subaru ever since I got it. I’ve been getting it about every month and ever since I got it I didn’t think much of it so I erased the code every time it came up until recently my car started to “lag” or “sputter” when I accelerate and I noticed it was usually between 3K-4K RPM it was struggling to go up in RPMs. Also, I’ve noticed it’s weak and I have to step on the gas a bit more to take off or get into gear. So I had a guy (a AutoZone manager) tell me it was that I needed to replace my VVT solenoids because they were probably dirty or gone bad which makes sense. I checked one solenoid which was the one under the oil cap on the drivers side of the engine and it seemed clean and fine but I cant find the other one on the passenger side to check that one. Does anybody know where it’s located? I know quite a bit about cars but being honest here I have little to no knowledge about the Solenoids or sensors or what a “bank” or a or b sensor is. If someone could help me with the location of the other sensor so I can check it that would be greatly appreciated or if you have other thoughts or think it’s something else, anything would help. Thank you guys 🤙🏽
Sky Gadget Flat panel display Communication Device Mobile device

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's most likely your Passenger Side Oil Control Valve. I think you have to take off the headers and some covers to get to it, also replace gasket. 10917<257>
I appreciate it, I’ll check and replace it Tommorow. When I remove the oil control valve, is there anything that shows that it’s a bad sensor/valve?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this same P000D Code about 2mo. ago. About a month after buying my 2015 STi ~35k. Same symptoms - Sluggish, Slower Response. Subaru dealership I took it to replaced all Plugs to address the Code. Code cameback within a week and turned into P0304 (Cyl.4 Misfire) after plugs were changed.
Long stories are made short, Cyl.4 didn't pass the Compression Test and has been sitting in a shop for Short Block replacement for 7 weeks now.. 🥲
I wish you all the luck that passed me by!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello guys, thank you for taking the time to read this. I really need some help with this code I have been getting on my Subaru ever since I got it. I’ve been getting it about every month and ever since I got it I didn’t think much of it so I erased the code every time it came up until recently my car started to “lag” or “sputter” when I accelerate and I noticed it was usually between 3K-4K RPM it was struggling to go up in RPMs. Also, I’ve noticed it’s weak and I have to step on the gas a bit more to take off or get into gear. So I had a guy (a AutoZone manager) tell me it was that I needed to replace my VVT solenoids because they were probably dirty or gone bad which makes sense. I checked one solenoid which was the one under the oil cap on the drivers side of the engine and it seemed clean and fine but I cant find the other one on the passenger side to check that one. Does anybody know where it’s located? I know quite a bit about cars but being honest here I have little to no knowledge about the Solenoids or sensors or what a “bank” or a or b sensor is. If someone could help me with the location of the other sensor so I can check it that would be greatly appreciated or if you have other thoughts or think it’s something else, anything would help. Thank you guys 🤙🏽
View attachment 66503
Hey man I had this code pop on me when i first bought my sti. It was on and off throughout the tank of gas that was in the car when i bought it. I ended up filling it up at bp and ever since then the light has never came back on. I’m sure you’re using the highest octane gas available in your area but could be bad gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts