FS (USA,IA): (Iowa City, IA) 2007 Limited STI WAGON, 33k miles - FULL STI SWAP - tons of pics!!! - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
(Iowa City, IA) 2007 Limited STI WAGON, 33k miles - FULL STI SWAP - tons of pics!!!
(Iowa City, IA) 2007 Limited STI WAGON, 33k miles - FULL STI SWAP - tons of pics!!!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > FS (USA,IA): (Iowa City, IA) 2007 Limited STI WAGON, 33k miles - FULL STI SWAP - tons of pics!!!

Old 12-27-15, 02:01 PM   #1
BGSubaru
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: WRB 07 STI Wagon
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BGSubaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (Iowa City, IA) 2007 Limited STI WAGON, 33k miles - FULL STI SWAP - tons of pics!!!

The car is now located in Iowa City, Iowa due to a recent move and a change in my job.

This started out as a 2007 Limited WRX Wagon. It is currently a FULLY swapped STI Wagon with absolutely everything coming from a 2006 STI. The mileage on the body is now about 75,000. The mileage on the engine, transmission, brakes and all other mechanical components is 33,xxx.

How it all started:

My dad purchased this as his daily driver back in 2007. He drove it all the way until 2014. He traded it in at the dealership for a Volkswagen. At that time, I owned a 2006 STI. About a week after he traded it in, I was rear ended by a Ford truck which caused damage to the trunk, bumper, and windshield. At that point, I decided to do something that I had always initially dreamed of doing to a 2.5RS. . ..I decided to purchase back the 2007 Wagon from the dealership and then do a complete swap from the STI. So I did exactly that. Mechanically, my 2006 STI was completely sound. The body had enough damage that I didn't want to deal with the repairs. So, I did a complete swap, with both cars side by side - from the 2006 STI to the 2007 Limited WRX Wagon. The swap included the following:
- Full wiring harness! It was painstakingly and extremely carefully removed from the STI and then placed into the 2007 wagon -- it included the whole harness from the front to the back of the car. Both cars were stripped to the shell in order for this to be done. This is why absolutely everything on the 2007 wagon is fully functional -- rear wiper, locks, moon roof, auto dimming mirror, intercooler sprayer, HID headlights and leveling motor, full DCCD system, etc. . ...absolutely everything electrical works flawlessly. The harness was never cut! It is a full stock harness from a 2006 STI from front to back. 2006 STI gas tank placed into the 2007 Wagon. If you know anything about the STIs, they have extra sensors on the gas tank. This was the only way to make the car fully plug and play without any check or warning lights on
- FULL 2006 STI engine -- 33k miles
- FULL 2006 STI drivetrain -- tranny, axles, hubs, etc. . . - 33k miles
- FULL 2006 STI Brembo brakes -- 33k miles
- FULL 2006 STI headlights with HID
- FULL set of 2006 STI Silver 5x114.3 BBS Wheels
- FULL airbag system from the 2007 Wagon -- the car was never in an accident so I just left that portion in the car. No air bag lights here and everything is fully functional!
- FULL leather interior from the 2007 wagon -- everything is original

PROS:
- 1 FAMILY OWNED
- CLEAN TITLE. Title in hand.
- Car is paid off. No loans or liens on the car.
- Swap was performed with the help of a certified Subaru technician. He is one of the most knowledgeable people that I know and I couldn't have done it without him. His attention to detail is impeccable. If you live in the central Florida area, then you may know him -- Evan. He used to work at the Mastro Subaru dealership in Sanford, FL.
- At the time of the swap, I took the time to replace all bushings everywhere with new ones -- either with brand new Subaru of America parts, or with upgraded Group N bushings where I could. All performance parts and modifications were purchased new and installed at the time of the swap -- this is why everything has 3k miles on it.
- Everything is functional -- from airbags, to DCCD, to moon roof, to ABS, I mean everything!

Cons:
- This is an 8 year old car. It has normal scratches and dings on the bumpers and doors. Having said that, I think the overall condition of the car is very very very good. I have tried to picture all the major scratches and defects here.

- There is an occasional noise coming from the transmission (which I believe is coming from the center differential) ONLY when the car is the "Auto" mode and ONLY when I'm making a turn. This doesn't happen all the time. But it is noticeable and it should be mentioned. When the differential is set to "open" then you don't hear the noise. I have not had any issues with shifting or any other problems with the transmission. I have had all the Subaru technicians examine the car and the noise could not be reproduced at that time. I'm not sure what is causing it but it does happen occasionally when turning. I'm not even sure of how to describe the noise. It almost sounds like a "whack" for lack of better words.

Modifications

Engine:
- stock engine!
- Group N Engine Mounts (3k miles)
- Samco turbo silicone hose (from turbo to intercooler, 3k miles)
- Grimmspeed ceramic coated heatshield
- Perrin pulley cover -- wrinkle red (3k miles)
- WRB powdercoated Hella horns
- Walbro 255LPH fuel pump (3k miles)
- Brand new battery
- Fresh fluids and coolant at the time of swap - all from the Subaru dealership

Transmission/Drivetrain:
- Whiteline transmission mount bushings (3k miles)
- Group N transmission mount (3k miles)
- Full Kartboy shifter bushings -- all replaced (3k miles)
- Fully functional DCCD (everything was plug and play since I used stock STI harness)
- Fresh Subaru transmission fluid change performed 3k miles ago

Suspension:
- Stock STI struts, springs, tophats with 3k miles on them
- Whiteline 24 mm front adjustable sway bar (3k miles)
- Whiteline 24 mm rear adjustable sway bar (3k miles)
- Whiteline front end-links (3k miles)
- Kartboy rear end-links (3k miles)
- TIC fender braces (3k miles)

Interior:
- STRI boost gauge
- Full stock leather interior from limited WRX wagon
- Everything electrical is fully functional
- moon roof

Brakes:
- Full brake system flush performed 3k miles ago and topped off with new fluid
- Stoptech stainless steel brake lines (3k miles)
- Brembo goldies all around

Tires:
- Brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sport installed at time of swap -- 3k miles

NO PARTING OUT. NO TRADES. This car is a perfect example of what I feel a Limited Wagon should have come like from the factory.

Price: $22,000 OBO

Reason for sale:

This is a car that has been in my family for quite some time and it is very dear to me. I have driven this car for about 3k miles since the swap without any issues. My family has now gotten bigger! I moved to Iowa because of a new job opportunity. It pains me to sell it, but now I need a practical family car. I hope this car can go to someone that will continue to care for it as much as I have.

Thanks guys!!
Attached Thumbnails
(Iowa City, IA) 2007 Limited STI WAGON, 33k miles - FULL STI SWAP - tons of pics!!!-20151104_154702_resized_1-jpg  

Last edited by BGSubaru; 11-27-16 at 09:34 PM. Reason: price drop
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-15, 02:04 PM   #2
BGSubaru

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: (Tampa, FL) 2007 Limited STI WAGON, 33k miles - FULL STI SWAP - tons of pics!!!

Exterior Pics:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-27-15, 02:05 PM   #3
BGSubaru

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: (Tampa, FL) 2007 Limited STI WAGON, 33k miles - FULL STI SWAP - tons of pics!!!

Wheels/Brakes:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-15, 02:08 PM   #4
BGSubaru

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Interior:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-27-15, 02:10 PM   #5
BGSubaru

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Interior continued:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-27-15, 02:11 PM   #6
BGSubaru

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Engine:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-27-15, 02:12 PM   #7
BGSubaru

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

More Interior:

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-27-15, 02:13 PM   #8
BGSubaru

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-27-15, 02:15 PM   #9
BGSubaru

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Pictures of Parts installed:

Last edited by BGSubaru; 11-27-16 at 09:36 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-27-15, 02:16 PM   #10
BGSubaru

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Pictures of more parts:

Last edited by BGSubaru; 11-27-16 at 09:38 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement