IW STi Forum banner

Avoid Subaru of Plano

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Thadedrakshon 
#1 ·
I found the 2015 dark grey metallic STI with the base factory options I wanted back in early April. It was still on a ship headed to Subaru of Plano. I worked with my local Subaru dealer in Georgetown, who helped me customize additional accessories which would be installed at port, and work out a trade with Plano to get the custom (to me) load out. I checked in every week for a month and a half to make sure things were in order with no issues, until a few days ago Subaru of Plano began dodging calls. I, and my sales guy became concerned and he decided to look up the car's VIN number. Come to find out Subaru of Plano traded my car to someone else a few days ago even after I had customized it. The car has been sold to some lucky guy in Dallas who unknowingly stole the car out from under me due to Subaru of Plano's shady business practices. Thank you Subaru of Plano, you made a deal and then dump it for a more convenient one. Your word is garbage, your business untrustworthy. A word of warning for those of you who may work with these guys because the are local. Make sure you have everything in writing. They will dump you if it is convenient, and will not even have the courtesy to let you know. Good luck.

-Neal

#2 ·
Sorry bro. I ended up getting my from Huffines Subaru in Denton, but I didn't do a custom order, they just had in stock what I wanted and I ended up buying off the lot. I would recommend them if you have to use another dealer in the Dallas area.

Are you just going to order a 2016 instead? If you haven't picked up an STI yet that may be the silver lining - I think you will be happier with the much better infotainment system they are putting in all models of the 2016 STIs. I have the upgraded Navigation on my 2015 and while it works and gets the job done - it lacks modern navigation features (and even the maps are outdated).

#4 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I am probably going to have to order a 2016. I want the audio/nav/push to start package and I am unwilling to give up the DMG color. There are only 6 in the country, and I do not trust another dealer trade to work out better.

It sucks to go from the high of my car comes today after a month and a half wait to being screwed over and having to wait 2+ more months.

My experience has really drained the fun out buying a new car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.