IW STi Forum banner

Blue 2015 STI in Austin, TX today

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tnot 
#1 ·
Ran into a guy driving a blue 2015 STI w/base wheels today here in Austin, TX. Don't recall the name (my car: silver 2015). Give me a shout--would like to hear more about the exhaust mods!

#2 · (Edited)
That would be me, David. Currently the car has only some basic mods-nothing to crazy. Cobb downpipe, tomei equal length header, DW65c fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator kit, and an e-tune by Torqued Performance. The power band is much more linear now but it pulls real nice.

EDIT: I also have Group N shifter bushing, transmission mount, pitch stop, and crossmember bushings.

How about yourself?

#5 ·
That would be me, David. Currently the car has only some basic mods-nothing to crazy. Cobb downpipe, tomei equal length header, DW65c fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator kit, and an e-tune by Torqued Performance. The power band is much more linear now but it pulls real nice.

EDIT: I also have Group N shifter bushing, transmission mount, pitch stop, and crossmember bushings.

How about yourself?
I'm too far away to hear how it sounds in person, but can you post a vid of the exhaust? I'm considering the Tomei ELH with the Tomei downpipe I have coming. Did you go with a catted DP?

#3 ·
Hey fellow Austinites. Are you guys happy with your cars? Anything you would do differently now that you've had your cars for a bit?

I'm talking to the Georgetown dealership about finding a car with the specs I want. Apparently you can't order STIs with navs unless they are black or blue now. The sales rep said he thinks navs are being replaced with the 2016 with the outback/legacy nav which has limited what he can order.

I'm still a little on the fence about waiting for the 2016 STI announce, but if the dealer can't find a standard STI in dark gray metallic and options I want, I'll have to wait.

Best,
Neal

#7 · (Edited)
Hey fellow Austinites. Are you guys happy with your cars? Anything you would do differently now that you've had your cars for a bit?

I'm talking to the Georgetown dealership about finding a car with the specs I want. Apparently you can't order STIs with navs unless they are black or blue now. The sales rep said he thinks navs are being replaced with the 2016 with the outback/legacy nav which has limited what he can order.

I'm still a little on the fence about waiting for the 2016 STI announce, but if the dealer can't find a standard STI in dark gray metallic and options I want, I'll have to wait.

Best,
Neal[/

Check with dealerships in other cities, too--Subaru is good about doing inventory swaps. I found the car I wanted in Houston and arranged the purchase through my local shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.