IW STi Forum banner

Houston Tuners? Engine Logics?

24K views 44 replies 21 participants last post by  imma_stocker 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I have an 08 STI, and I'm interested in understanding what my options are for mods in Houston.

Cobb and Perrin both list Engine Logics. Do any of you have any experience with these guys?

What other shops should I consider? Who is the go-to tuner in town?

Thanks very much.

#39 · (Edited)
I just got my car tuned a week ago and i drive my car daily with 309whp and 314wlbs on a open source tune by Jtran studio using mustang dynomometer ... Awsome cool people easy to talk to reasonable tuning price to ... It was tuned by EL for about 6 months for 255whp 258wlb and yes it's an sti not a wrx, i was so disappointed on my tune until i found a new tuner at Jtran Studio at Veterans Memorial and tuned my STI to 309whp 314wlb ans since then my car runs like a champ on a road and i drive it 7 days a week... Thanks a lot Johnny and Amber you guys are awsome .....

#45 ·
JTran tuned my 08 STI a couple years ago. Drove the piss out of this setup racing a bunch of local hooligans.
420/380 with 100% stock motor
T60R with supporting stuff at 27psi
pump93 + meth

You're only stage2 so pretty much anybody with a tactrix cable can load a basic romraider map. They are close enough for daily driving, wouldn't trust it 100% racing.
If you have an AP then Kozmik in NW Houston does good work, they don't tune OS though.
If OS then JTran, Engine Logics, or an individual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.