IW STi Forum banner

STI Spottings

349K views 3K replies 492 participants last post by  mheyman 
#1 · (Edited)
Please post STI spottings in this thread. Try not to post specific home or work locations of cars. We don't want anyone's beloved STI to be stolen, right? :D

I'll start. WRB on Moore Rd/Rt 23 in King of Prussia, PA yesterday around 5:15pm. I think you got onto 422 West and exited at Trooper Rd. I was a couple cars in front of you, not sure if you saw me :)

#32 ·
I see this WRB '06 STi with gold rims on Rt 35 alot, even on Rt. 35 in Ocen, anyone here?

#33 ·
I have to agree with the guy who stated not a good idea for this sticky. In my area southern NH a guy just got arrested for stealing 5 STis, a porshe 944, and a vintage ferrari. The thief got 9K for selling parts per STi. Why give anyone the opportunity of easy access info on the whereabouts of our cars?

My opinion anyways;)

#34 ·
JSH139 ....... i get on 422W from 23 everyday ..... i go all the way to Reading ....
i just took off my snows this weekend.
Maybe me, but i didn't get off at trooper.

#36 ·
pasths said:
I have to agree with the guy who stated not a good idea for this sticky. In my area southern NH a guy just got arrested for stealing 5 STis, a porshe 944, and a vintage ferrari. The thief got 9K for selling parts per STi. Why give anyone the opportunity of easy access info on the whereabouts of our cars?

My opinion anyways;)
saying you saw someone driving on a road isnt going to get it stolen.

Saying where it is parked and the location probably wont either.. but no one should post that.

#39 ·
SUBY2.5 said:
I saw two today one wrb going westbound on I84 and a cgm 30 seconds later inthe same direction. This was about 3:45 to 4:00pm.
The GCM was probably me on I84 I was headed east bound though. just passing exit 5. I saw a PSM headed westbound

#40 ·
03-13-06

5:57 PM

Mt. Laural, NJ, on Fellowship Road, looked like an 05 Silver/Silver.

I am here on business, was driving my rented Lancer ES with the radio that isn't working (haha) and gave thumbs up.

Always nice to see fellow STiers in other parts of the country.

Peleg.

#42 ·
jsh139 said:
I take 422 W to Rt 100 N. So, I'll probably see you someday.

Do you take Moore Rd to get to 23?
Yes, sometimes ......
I usually get to 422 between 5 & 5:30 ..... this week though it will be closer to 5:30 - 6 .....

I saw a blue STi on Moore Rd go past me as i was waiting at the light ..... went straight thru the light @ 23, turn left, then the first right to get back onto 23.... I was in the 2nd lane trying to get into the first lane ...... this was maybe 3-4 weeks ago ...... might that have been you?

#43 ·
mtrappo said:
Yes, sometimes ......
I usually get to 422 between 5 & 5:30 ..... this week though it will be closer to 5:30 - 6 .....

I saw a blue STi on Moore Rd go past me as i was waiting at the light ..... went straight thru the light @ 23, turn left, then the first right to get back onto 23.... I was in the 2nd lane trying to get into the first lane ...... this was maybe 3-4 weeks ago ...... might that have been you?
YES!!! That was me! You were the one I spotted!

I do that sometimes (go straight across 23, then turn left and hook back onto 23) when the right lane gets way backed up. I have to turn left out of 9th ave onto moore rd, so I usually get stuck in the left lane. That kinda sucks because then you have to merge back into the right lane to get onto 422. That day I got lucky and the traffic cops let us out so I was able to get into the right lane. I actually did the "move" because I wanted to catch up to you to give you a thumbs up. But, I knew if I waited in the right lane, I'd never make the light.

I wasn't sure if you saw me since you were in the left lane on Moore rd. I tried to slow down once I was on 422 so that you could catch up, but I never saw you again. So, I just assumed that you got off on Trooper Rd.

:)

#44 ·
Ha
i do that sometimes also.
I usually go in the left lane and merge over, it's just so much faster.
When i saw you fly by i was going to try to get up there as fast as i could to do the same but someone let you out before i could get up there.

Yeah that was just one of those days where i couldn't get over in the left lane on 422 ..... by that time i did ..... you were gone!

Hey well nice to meet you ..... I'm Mike

Now we know ....... maybe i'll see you later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.