Best Dealership in the Bay Area? - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Best Dealership in the Bay Area?
Best Dealership in the Bay Area?
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > Best Dealership in the Bay Area?

Old 06-25-15, 10:14 AM   #1
calsarah13
Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: WRB 2016 STi Limited
Fav Mod: Corsa CBE
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

calsarah13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Dealership in the Bay Area?

I know "best" and "dealership" probably don't belong in the same sentence but whatever.

My 2015 STi Limited is making that clicking sound when I depress the clutch. I know it's a common problem. Link to video. But I think it's really loud compared to what other people have been reporting. I've heard it's the pedal assembly that needs to be replaced.

I got the car at Downtown Subaru of Oakland. I had a terrible service experience there when I had a Toyota (link to review) and so far I am not too happy with the Subaru side of the service department. I have had the car in twice so far about this issue. The first time they diagnosed the noise as a bad clutch MC and said the part was on order. It didn't come in for a full five business days. When I dropped the car off the second time, I got a call around mid-day that they'd ordered the wrong part and the correct part had been ordered and would take 1-2 business days to receive. Well, that was last Friday (today is Thursday). Now when I depress the clutch, the noise is a little bit less and I can tell they lubed up the whole area a ton.

I'm worried that they either misdiagnosed the problem in the first place (maybe it is the pedal assembly they need to replace), realized their error, and then blamed the parts department for ordering the wrong part, OR, they are simply too incompetent to order parts correctly and in a timely fashion. Either way, it's pretty bad.

So my question is, where should I go in the Bay Area for warranty repairs? I've heard Carlsen and Marin are decent but wanted your feedback.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0