IW STi Forum banner

Quick Jack vehicle lift

21K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  Lion77789 
#1 ·
I just set up my new quick Jack vehicle lift in my garage. It's a handy tool to have instead of trying to get the car level on Jack stands. It lifts it about 22" off the ground. I bought their 3500 lb model which will work with all the vehicles I need to work on with the family. They have the price at 895 currently. I bought mine on a Black Friday deal which gave me an additional 75 off. Here are some pics. Definitely going to make tire swaps, brake swaps for track days and every other service thing I need to do much better. It has enough room underneath to even drop the transmission.

See less See more
#3 ·
I am not sure. They are quick release sections and they have a seal at the end but I'm not sure if they would hold full pressure. The lines themselves can be separated and kept spread out as you go to the end of the vehicle though. I'll be doing that and repositioning the power unit. I was just initially testing it out before cleaning up the positions.

#6 ·
Second on want that. I want the 5000lbxl unit. I am hoping the price can come down a little. I would buy today at 800.00 I hate jacking to jack stands. Was looking at a lift for 1400.00. but it is permanent. I wish there was other really good and safe and easy to use ways to lift a car. Why not one that uses my air compressor. Some cool air bag, like my truck has, but as a car lift. Jacks and jack stands are not that safe. Anybody Youtube that STI unload out of semi gone bad. Very sad.

#10 ·
Air pressure alone wouldn't cut it without making it much larger. It's about area x psi. Take air pressure at say 140 psi x the cylinder piston surface area and you will not get anywhere close to the over 1000 psi that hydraulics work at. Not sure what the operating pressure of this system is.

#11 ·
No problem. Former mechanic who now just works on my own car and my kids cars. Engineer for a living now. Would love a 2 post vehicle lift but cost and lack of a good space for it led me to this. I'm looking forward to its benefits.

#19 ·
I lift right at the Jack point in the front and then about 3/4 the way back along the same line towards the rear. It doesn't reach the rear Jack point and the front at the same time but doesn't need to. The 5000 doesn't seem to have the reach for both either. With the weight bias in the front putting it at the front jack point works well.

#16 ·
I just set up my new quick Jack vehicle lift in my garage. It's a handy tool to have instead of trying to get the car level on Jack stands. It lifts it about 22" off the ground. I bought their 3500 lb model which will work with all the vehicles I need to work on with the family. They have the price at 895 currently. I bought mine on a Black Friday deal which gave me an additional 75 off. Here are some pics. Definitely going to make tire swaps, brake swaps for track days and every other service thing I need to do much better. It has enough room underneath to even drop the transmission.
Image Link
Image Link
Image Link
Image Link
Image Link
How long does it take to raise the car all the way up?

#30 ·
Depending on where you live in the country, they are building houses with "post tensioned" slabs that you CANNOT put holes in. A lot of people have cost themselves huge sums of money by cutting/drilling into these slabs which have no stem wall.

I like this lift. It seems like a LOT of money for what you are getting though. I have a motorcycle table lift that has a lot more material and complexity to it that only cost $500. And they are really getting a premium for the BL5000 model. +$400 to beef it up a little. They need more competition. This is what has made motorcycle table lifts more affordable (they used to be very expensive too).

-Craig

#35 ·
If I hadn't already bought race ramps id probably get one. The jack and stands dance is a huge ass pain. And its still needed even with race ramps if you want the rear raised -_-

But getting near the thousand dollar mark I'd consider a post lift for a fair bit more. Not a good option if you're renting or might move in the foreseeable future, but there's a number of jobs that would be much easier if I could stand or at least squat beneath the vehicle

#39 ·
Great Jacks if you have a few cars to justify the expense. I bought the 5000 lift for the STI wagon. I should have done my homework a little better considering the cost of these. For the 08 STI wagon you need to buy the extended BL5000XL unit. It will hit the lift points on the car perfectly. The regular 5000 is 11 inches shorter then it needs to be. With the wide body kits of these cars the lift point is critical to lift from or you could damage the lower side panels.
My review of this unit is 4 out of 5. I have the 12 v unit works great, no regrets and the wife is happy not listening to me finding religion every time I need to get under one of the cars.

#41 ·
Received the quick jack 5000 a few months back and since then it was used to do an exhausts swap, oil change, sway bar setting change, tire rotation, and routine maintenance. This tool is awesome and it makes working on the car easier and most importantly save me time.

Unsure where to put the rubber blocks at first, I placed them under the frame rails.

Where is everyone placing their rubber block?

#42 · (Edited)
I considered these a couple of years ago. I choose a set of two piece Raceramps over them. Their disadvantages that I had to weigh strongly were weight and size because I don't have a garage and not enough storage. I couldn't justify lugging two 60lb (for only the 3500lb rated units) around and setting them up just to change my oil. Also while I would trust these as much as any other mechanical device I would still place backup, the front Race-ramp sections would work great. Backing up Race-ramps is placing chocks. For me side access was very important too, another reason why I choose two piece Race-ramps. The height would have been great when I replaced my clutch, but not having side access would have had me transferring to jack stands anyway, and I might have had to use another jack if these block the jack stand locations.

I realize they aren't the same things. and they might work better for others.
As for me, I would like to build a garage with a lift, and a post lift won't cost more for its rating.

#43 ·
Yeah sometimes the race ramps are irritating to me. I got the tall ones, so I also got 10" cribs for the rear. Well I guess I just need to get a second floor jack because my low profile one that fits under the front/sides won't lift the car high enough in the rear to get both cribs under, (it's two 5" ones) so I end up with the car sloping downhill a bit. The forester, being that it rides higher, is even worse - I can't even get the half height single crib under the rear.

All in all, all this stuff is too much of a pain in the ass, so I also plan to put in a true lift once we buy/build a house. It will feel a lot safer and ergonomically it's going to be light years apart from crawling around on sharp and/or muddy gravel in my shitty driveway at my rental house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.