IW STi Forum banner

Post pics of your Workbenches/ Garage

53K views 130 replies 59 participants last post by  Boost Infested 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is intended to show off your workbenches and garage work space. I thought others might want to see pictures of peoples workbenches to maybe get ideas or to simply see where the magic is done. If you want to post pics of only your car, click HERE.

#5 ·
Re: Post pics of your Workbenches

im lovin it bro...the subaru stuff everywhere lol the stereo to jam out to instead of say an ipod with 2'' speakers. i love both of yalls grey bench with walls cabinets...how much were those and where?

#6 ·

There's a lot of little details in my garage that won't jump out at you.

The receiver (a vintage Sony GX99-ES) feeds a pair of Pioneer Quartet 70 speakers that I bought in 1978 when I was 15. The woofers have been replaced, but they still sound awesome. My audio source is an Apple Airport Express that I control with Apple's Remote software on an iPod Touch.

The big Subaru banner was obtained at Sno*Drift this year.

The workbenches were hand built to fit stainless steel tops that got left over on a big P&G project back in the late 80s.

The blue cabinets came out of an R&D lab that I tore out at a previous production plant that I ran the engineering for.

The Scooby-Doo bobblehead sitting on the receiver was a gift from my then 3 year old daughter and he road on the package shelf of my 2003 Bugeye for its entire time with me.

The WRC model between the speakers was a Christmas gift from my buddy Craig.

The green knockdown containers came from a logistics study I did at a previous company.

The little black toolbox on the bottom shelf of the back workbench is my trackbox which I used when I raced go karts.

The single Cibie cover is the original from my set of Cibie Oscar Plus lights which first graced my 1978 Subaru BRAT and are now mounted on my STi. I am still searching for its mate which I know is around somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

The dipole antenna on the wall is cut to a precise length to receive FM 97.7 which for years was WOXY 97.7 out of Oxford, Ohio. They are now internet only and can be heard on WOXY.COM and on iTunes.

Garages are special places. :)

#8 · (Edited)

These were taken during the progress of installing the shelving/storage etc.

The carpet and fooseball table are now round-filed...

The bench itself is on casters with an air-hose reel and an extension cord reel so I can move it around the garage. Its 4'x8' with a built in fridge, hot dog compressor, and stereo...

This smaller bench area divides the third car from the main garage area. It surrounds my tool boxes so they are flush. Its there for smaller stuff and my kid to use. He stores all his nerf guns and crap under it with my parts...

#17 ·

dam grambo, got enough tupaware boxes?? lol looks organized though for having alot of sh!t :p how old are you?
36. All the boxes are holiday decorations, camping gear, outdoor stuff for summer and the pool, etc.

#11 ·

thx, its only for a couple months after i get back cuz im trying to pcs to ft sam, san antonio....2 deploments in 3 years, im done with ft hood.

i like grambo's cuz i want a 3-car so bad when i buy a house. his is definitely busy though.

#24 ·

thx, its only for a couple months after i get back cuz im trying to pcs to ft sam, san antonio....2 deploments in 3 years, im done with ft hood.

i like grambo's cuz i want a 3-car so bad when i buy a house. his is definitely busy though.

Haha. "busy" comes with the family bro. I'd definately like to "round-file" alot of that stuff but, it all gets used at some point trhoughout the year.

#20 ·

I cant wait to get my garage built so I can have a sick a** everything in it lol!!!!
lol touche'. i have a tool wishlist that is $2,300 right now, not including prices on pieces to build a workbench. All I have is a basic 4 (small) drawer box from autozone. It's done the job so far, minus a couple like my headers...i broke a wratchet and then i didnt have deep sockets....i failed that one. but those are on my growing list of tools to get.

#22 ·

ya, my wife is sloooooooowly lightening up on my diy projects for my subie. she went with me so i could get some jack stands and a torque wrench and she was trying to help me shop for them:tup: i'd try to explain how certain tools worka and why i wouldnt need the 3ton stands etc "get the best" lol thx babe but thats overkill.:) at least she tries.

cmon people. i know 3-4 people arent the only ones with nice garages/workbenches.

#29 ·
Mmmmm. the women we love in the kitchen hookin' it up. Nice stuff.

Back to garages!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.