IW STi Forum banner

first drives of 2011 Sti

18K views 65 replies 35 participants last post by  Mike_ND 
#1 ·
Ton of these out today, must have been a press weekend. Interesting bits regarding steering and suspension improvements (even beyond those offered in SE). Hope these aren't re-posts...enjoy the read:

First Drive: 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Return of the wing — Autoblog

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI First Drive - Motor Trend

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI First Drive

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Sedan - First Drive Review - Automobile Magazine

First Drives: The 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STI

#5 ·
I am hard pressed to find anything wrong with the looks of the new sedan. I really like it. Good job finally getting the suspension correct. I don't know that I will stay with an STI though for 2011. I'm still too worried about tuning and having piston #4 problems.

When I hit 60k... I am going to have a very difficult decision to make.

#12 ·
"If that's not enough to convince you, allow us to direct your attention to the rear of the resurrected four-door body style, dominated once again by the kind of spoiler that could double as a civil engineering exercise. Yeah, baby. The STI is back, and on more than just a wing and a prayer".

It's like they almost base the car on the wing. If it has a wing it's hardcore. I read it and I'm sorry I rather take the hatch if I had to buy one. Just a option that's all.

#15 ·
so the BBS wheels are stock on the hatch now?

does that mean dealers will rape you for the hatch version even if you weren't interested in the wheels?

I will die laughing if when its time to pay for my 2011 the dealer tells me it will be more than the 2010 I gave them from march till july to get me because the hatch has those wheels "stock"

#24 ·
With all the money, time and effort I have put into my car so far the new 2011 WRX STI just doesn't justify the hit on depreciation and the Zero amount of money I would get back for the aftermarket exhaust, intake and suspension bits already installed. Subaru is not offering what would really win me over and bite on a new STI.

A reliable piston/ringland, Direct Injection, 400 HP (Crank) and the current or improved suspension bits already announced.

For what it would cost me in trade-in, additional cost and 15% sales tax and dealer prep. & transport rape fee I rather get a new rallispec short block, FMIC, T60R, 850cc inhjectors, fule pump, Race oil pan and pickup tube, AOS system and aftermarket suspension upgrades to handle a 400 WHP reliable DD tune and occaisonal Drag and track sessions.

My 3 yr warrranty is up in six months so why the hell not.

Definitely a pass on this for a GR owner but I would respect a GD owner taking a second look and buy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.