Re: BRzlowww, Dat Turbo

:eek:
1502295_760248320669489_1910568685_o by sniper260687, on Flickr

IMAG0504 by sniper260687, on Flickr

IMAG0505 by sniper260687, on Flickr

IMAG0509 by sniper260687, on Flickr

IMAG0508 by sniper260687, on Flickr

All

Morning/Afternoon/Evening,Diego here from Oklahoma city OK (not a thunder fan)

You might know me from this

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-members-journals/241741-nasti-2011-spark-silver.html

Well.......

On April Wednesday 17 2013 for some odd reason i decided to swing by the Subie dealer and perhaps drive a BRZ, hour later after test drive i place my order for a 2013 SWP Limited BRZ.

Words couldn't describe how happy i was with this test drive, the car is just a "masterpiece" i had a smile on my face the whole time. I went ahead and traded my STI for the BRZ. STI never really put a smile in my face for some reason, even with the mods and how sick it looked, see journal.

Had 31k miles on STI owe $21k to the bank, dealer gave me $28k for the STI. Paid $28k for the BRZ, had $7k to play around with but i decided to put it towards the BRZ to pay the same amount monthly but less insurance. Also got a free tint and 2 years oil change, not to mentioned 2.9% rate, couldn't pass the deal up.

Sooo went from this

To this, she sure is a beauty.

Who said you need an STI to get that RUMBLE :D

BRZ with Invidia Q300 - YouTube

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Re: BRzlowww, no mo STI

Parts list:

Interior:

Nothing :lol:

Exterior:
5% tint all around
18x8 Black Enkei Tuning Raijin
235/35ZR18 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2
Spyder LED Tail Lights
White LEDS evrrrwhere
Rear exhaust diffuser

Engine:
Vortech Supercharger/
V-Tune Forced Induction STG1 Calibration Pumpgas
Upgraded 3Bar Map Sensor
ECUtek
Perrin Overpipe
Invidia catless mid pipe
Invidia Q300

Supercharger kit

Yup its on the way

#12 ·

Awesome! Subbed and can't wait to see more! How does it handle with the new tires?
Well this escalate quickly :lol:

A lot better more grip for sure, def a must do for first mod.

Interesting!

Can you quantify what you like specifically about the BRZ over the STI? What specifics make you smile more when you drive the BRZ?
Well for starters, the looks of the car is just pure sex especially in white, the interior is just awesome the feel of leather with alcantara and the smell just makes you wanna smile,push to start, the nav hell just everything is better, and once you drive that thing, its just hard to explain, you need to drive one, trust me.

Also subscribed. Current sti owner and thinking of making the switch. Would love to hear more of your comparisons between the two.
Bit surprised to hear you changed to stickier rubber as a lot of the fun from the brz seems to come from its relative lack of grip.
How is the tranny compared to the sti? Do you heel and toe? If so, how are the pedals for this compared to the sti? How are you finding the engine at low res? Frustrating or easy to live with? Feel free to write a very long involved reply. :D
Yes the car is a ton of fun with those skinny prius tires......until your going 20 to 25mph on a turn to your neighborhood and car wants to slide.....lol thats the reason i had to change to beefy bigger tires, and also i cannot stand 17' wheels so i upgraded to 18' looks better IMO. The tranny is about the same as the STI very loud when going to first gear, but some bushing should take care of that like i had on my STI. The clutch is very very different a lot more softer than STI i kinda like it better. Since the car is NA the power is all there at low res, but after 4k there absolutely no power lol it can be frustrating at times when driving on the freeway trying to pass people like i used to in the STI, with that said this will save me from speeding tickets. Overall the BRZ is a more calm peoples car with all the comfort in the world and tons of fun.

#10 ·

Also subscribed. Current sti owner and thinking of making the switch. Would love to hear more of your comparisons between the two.
Bit surprised to hear you changed to stickier rubber as a lot of the fun from the brz seems to come from its relative lack of grip.
How is the tranny compared to the sti? Do you heel and toe? If so, how are the pedals for this compared to the sti? How are you finding the engine at low res? Frustrating or easy to live with? Feel free to write a very long involved reply. :D

#13 ·

I think the first pic of your new BRZ just changed how i feel about them. Damn...

You know i never really like them when it first came out, to me it looked like a 350/370 rip off, but once i saw that white model in person holy shit i fell for the car, in my mind i was thinking with a 5% tint some black wheels and bigger tires and some sick tail lights, just perfect

#14 · (Edited)

Quick update

Just order a rear diffuser

20013 Up Scion Fr Fr s Subaru BRZ Rear Tail Trunk Bumper Black Diffuser Spoiler | eBay

I check with subaru on this mod and they wanted almost $700 for that plastic piece :lol:

I rolled around and started cracking up, i swear dealers are the scum of the earth, most of them.

Anyways what do you guys think i should do next? i wont do intake or exhaust or any engine mod until 2k miles, reason being is that i been reading a lot on this CEL issues with early 2012 BRZ models, they said that the early 2013 models are fixed but im not taking any chances yet.

Suggestions are welcome

#15 ·

That diffuser is sex! I've seen pictures only, but it's fucking amazing. Can't believe they're $700 at the dealer, fuck that. Also you should see what Billy did to his FR-S. I believe he did sways? I'm looking now to double check.

#16 ·

That diffuser is sex! I've seen pictures only, but it's fucking amazing. Can't believe they're $700 at the dealer, fuck that. Also you should see what Billy did to his FR-S. I believe he did sways? I'm looking now to double check.

Yeah tell me about it.

Not sure if i wanna do sway just yet my STI had sway and eibach springs and the car was so fucking rough i felt everything on the road it was extremely uncomfortable lol

#20 ·

My local dealership has two BRZ's, a Galaxy blue and a Satin White, and I felt guilty leaving there $50 for some coolant and oil filters :p
I couldn't imagine $28K :lol:

I really need to drive one tho. Maybe as my DD. Something that gets better than 18mpg :lol::lol::lol:

#25 ·

Nice looking car.

Personally, I think I like the car more on OEM rubber/tire. It's quite a bit more playful and enjoyable that way. However, I did upgrade tires/wheels. Mostly for the looks and safety in the rain. OEM Michelins are just too scary in the wet at highway speeds.

#27 · (Edited)

Took a pic of the tail lights at night

I went to see my parents earlier today (20 min drive) coming back home on the highway i noticed a lot of people were getting behind me for some odd reason, then i remember i had those lights people must be curious,they got really close to my ass :lol: since there is no badges i guess they wanted to know what kind of car it was, hilarious

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.