New STI Purchase Advice, Car has been sitting on showroom floor for 16+ months - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
New STI Purchase Advice, Car has been sitting on showroom floor for 16+ months
New STI Purchase Advice, Car has been sitting on showroom floor for 16+ months
Go Back   STI Forums > > > New STI Purchase Advice, Car has been sitting on showroom floor for 16+ months

Old 09-19-19, 02:37 PM   #1
nsartori2083
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

nsartori2083 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New STI Purchase Advice, Car has been sitting on showroom floor for 16+ months

Greetings. I am in the market for a new STI and managed to find a brand new 2018 with only 10 miles on the odometer for a super low price and killer deal. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on it but am a little concerned because the car has been sitting indoors on the dealer's showroom floor for going on 18+ months now. Is there anything to be alarmed about or be aware of since it has been sitting for so long or should everything be okay and good to go? Battery, fluids, tires, fuel, etc...Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks y'all.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-19, 03:31 AM   #2
mheyman
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New STI Purchase Advice, Car has been sitting on showroom floor for 16+ months

No - Overall be happy about it! Fuel might be the only issue.

They might tell you they drain the tank if you push em. If you don't watch em do it it will be just as likely they actually don't. Probably not a real problem though anyway.

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI

Last edited by mheyman; 09-21-19 at 06:57 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-20-19, 07:25 AM   #3
GWOT
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: White '13 STi hatch
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

GWOT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New STI Purchase Advice, Car has been sitting on showroom floor for 16+ months

All dealers I worked at they don't fill up the tank on cars in the showroom, they only fill them up on delivery, check the fuel gauge while it's in the showroom, if it's low then I wouldn't worry about it too much, a fresh tank would dilute what's in the tank and whatever's in the lines will be consumed pretty quick, just break in by the book and don't go into boost.
Ask if they'll warranty tires if they don't un-flat spot after a few miles.
A PDI should consist a battery check, ask to see the print out if you're worried, but it's under warranty anyway.
The car warranty only starts at the day of purchase, so I wouldn't be worried if something goes wrong, which is unlikely due to sitting. I'd do an oil change, that's it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-19, 09:40 AM   #4
revilingfool
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Car: 12 LR STi
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

revilingfool will become famous soon enough

would you rather have it sitting outside for that long?

The time for a car to leave factory and make it to its new garage is generally a long time, and this 18 moth case is considered normal.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement