IW STi Forum banner

Problem with Subaru Ambassador Coupon

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  redket86 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am about to pick up my STI next Saturday which I have been waiting for close to 8 weeks or so.

Thanks to my dear friend from IWSTI, I was able to obtain Subaru Ambassador Coupon from him but there is a slight problem.

Subaru Ambassor Coupon states that "Coupon will not be honored if the name you provide does not match the name on coupon recipient's driver's license."

Since I go by Alex and my legal name is Young, (Last name and the address remains the same) Subaru dealership is refusing to honor the coupon. I tried contacting Subaru of America and they are telling me that I either need to get a new one or have the subaru ambassador to contact ambassador to change the name.

What should I do?

#3 ·
The dear friend might have to call in to the number on the ambassador site, on the ambassador help page it says:
Subaru said:
Can someone use a coupon if it is not in their name?

No. When redeeming a coupon, the purchaser must match the name on the coupon for it to be valid. Be sure to use the person's full legal name when issuing a coupon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.