2016 WRB STI DD/Track Fun
Go Back   STI Forums > > > 2016 WRB STI DD/Track Fun

Old 07-21-15, 01:05 PM   #1
tylerlieberman
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Seat Time
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nice
Default 2016 WRB STI DD/Track Fun

Alright, so I figured I'd make a thread to keep track of everything over the course of my ownership with this car. A little background first:

I grew up around 90s JDM cars; mostly cars like RX7s, Supra's, and 240's. I built up two different 240s ('98 S14 & '93 S13 hatch) over a 6 year period and got lots of seat time in them.

Took a break for a while and then hopped into a '12 WRX sedan. I did the basic stuff to it (TBE etc), and ended up getting the drift bug again, so I sold it a year later and got into an FRS.

I had a '13 FRS for the past 2 years and some change. Built it up a little bit, did a bunch of drift events with it and had a blast. Easily the most fun car I've ever owned, as I beat the living hell out of it and the car never skipped a beat.

I'm moving back home to CA soon though seeing how my enlistment period is up and between school and work, I wouldn't have the time for the upkeep and maintanance of a daily driven car built in that fashion. So I decided to part it out and trade it in for something more usable, practical, and ready to go out of the box. WSIR is only 2 hours away and I have every intention of going once every few months.

Enter the '16 STI. I just picked it up a few weeks ago, and I'm planning on keeping the car mostly stock in all reality. Just slight touchups and improvements in each area: braking, suspension, power, aesthetics. Truth be told, a lot of the add on pieces will probably just be JDM/optional OEM pieces. We'll see what happens though.

The car is bone stock right now, but I plan on doing the following after my move back home next month:
-brake pads
-brake fluid
-oil cooler & catch can/AOS

Might also get the car tuned to get rid of the horrendous tune Subaru equips these cars with. But we'll see

On to pictures:

Purchased: June 2015

Mods/Accessories:

Suspension
-Whiteline Camber Bolts
-Whiteline Rear Lower Control Arms
-Swift Spec R Springs

Brakes
-Project Mu HC+800 Brake Pads (street)
-Project Mu Club Racer Brake Pads (track)
-DBA T3 4000 Series Brake Rotors
-StopTech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
-Motul RBF600 Fluid

Wheels/Tires
-18x8.5 +38 Work MCO Racing Wheels
-245/40R18 Zestino Gredge 07RS

Exterior
-OEM JDM Front Grille
-STI Front Lip
-STI Side Skirts
-STI Rear Spats
-JDM S4 Mirror Caps
-F1 Rear Fog Light
-Tail-as-Turn Signal Mod

Interior
-STI Aluminum/Leather Shift Knob
-JDM Leather Boost Gauge/Console Hood

Engine
-HKS EL Headers
-BrenTuning E-Tune w/ Cobb AP
-IAG Street Series AOS
-KillerB Oil Pick up tube
-KillerB Windage Tray
-STI Oil Cap
-STI Battery Tie Down
-STI 1.3 Bar Radiator Cap

Drivetrain
-STI Group N Pitch Stop Mount
-STI Group N Transmission Mount
-Perrin Pitch Stop Mount Brace
-Perrin SS Braided Clutch Line
-Kartboy Front Shifter Bushings
-Kartboy Rear Shifter Bushing
Attached Thumbnails
2016 WRB STI DD/Track Fun-35573722556_b6fd3b8000_b-jpg  

Last edited by tylerlieberman; 02-27-18 at 03:54 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-15, 01:26 PM   #2
earth0
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 15 STI
Fav Mod: IAG/EWG/E85
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

earth0 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: '16 wrb sti

Very nice and welcome!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-21-15, 05:05 PM   #3
tylerlieberman
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nice

Thanks! I'm really amped to get this thing out to a track. It feels so much better than my old WRX did. It feels like a complete car.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-15, 05:38 PM   #4
guzie
Advanced Mastery Level III

Fav Mod: Nameless muffler delete
My Subaru Parts for sale

guzie is a jewel in the roughguzie is a jewel in the roughguzie is a jewel in the roughguzie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlieberman View Post
Thanks! I'm really amped to get this thing out to a track. It feels so much better than my old WRX did. It feels like a complete car.

Your gonna love it out on the track.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-21-15, 05:56 PM   #5
Nachos Libres
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Non-Subaru Paint
My Subaru Parts for sale

Nachos Libres is a jewel in the roughNachos Libres is a jewel in the roughNachos Libres is a jewel in the rough

Looks good, welcome.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-24-15, 04:46 AM   #6
Bestswat
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Fav Mod: Volk TE37 SL
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bestswat has a spectacular aura aboutBestswat has a spectacular aura about

Judging from your history I highly doubt the car was still stay near stock
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-25-15, 08:53 AM   #7
tylerlieberman
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestswat View Post
Judging from your history I highly doubt the car was still stay near stock
Lol you might be right. I'm really going to try though. There are things that I want, but a lot of them are honestly just small things, and mostly cosmetic changes between the interior and exterior. A majority of them are just OEM/JDM pieces too.

I'm more interested in just keeping the car basic, fun, and reliable, rather than trying to overdue it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-31-15, 10:25 AM   #8
tylerlieberman
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Bought some things

-STI Battery Tie Down
-STI Oil Cap
-OEM Subaru Oil Filter
-Fumoto Drain Valve

Only installed the tie down, the rest I'll be doing when I do the 1,000 mile oil change this weekend.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-23-15, 03:25 PM   #9
tylerlieberman
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Just made the drive from Oklahoma to Arizona. About 990 miles total.

Car did great! Checked the oil every fill up and didn't burn any, even with the 100F + heat. It struggled a little bit going uphill in Flagstaff. The hot weather and high elevation made the car feel a bit sluggish but after that, it felt as good as always.

I'll be driving the last 350 miles to the new house in California on Thursday. Still loving this thing

To boot, I also managed to pull about 350 miles on a tank of fuel, and the display on the dash said I still had 70 miles of range left when I filled up (just under the 1/4 full mark). Averaged about 26.5MPG and that's with the car loaded with luggage and and stuff too.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-20-15, 12:27 PM   #10
tylerlieberman
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Sooooo....

Got to California and my good friend surprised me with a front lip for my birthday

Pretty cool.

Went to Subiefest yesterday. Wasn't the best experience but it's all good. Somebody decided to jack one of my fog lights bezels too while it was sitting in the parking lot.

Already ordered a new one, so hopefully that'll be here before next weekend. Looks like quite a few people aren't very happy about how the event was overall.

I was hoping there'd be some crazy deals but there wasn't really anything I was looking for, so I just picked up some brake fluid and that was that.

Should get betting that swapped out next month or so when I do the oil. Looking to run the Speed Ventures event at Big Willow in December.

Still absolutely love this car. Can't really find anything I really dislike about it. The stereo isn't the greatest, but stereo systems have never been a priority for me. 3,400 miles in and couldn't be happier.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement