Old 05-11-15, 04:49 PM   #1
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V3
My Subaru Parts for sale

BLKSTI16 has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSTI16 has a spectacular aura about
Default BLKSTI16's 2015 CBS WRX STI

Picked up my first WRX STI on 3/11/15. I have been a long time mustang fan coming from a 2014 Mustang GT track Pack and a 2012 Mustang GT Track pack before that. I wanted to try something different and I was on the fence about getting WRX STI but when I saw the 2015 in person it was a done deal. This car is well equipped out of the box and I am going to do things differently this time around. Normally I do all performance mods and neglect everything else. This time I am going to focus on keeping the car clean and protecting the exterior. This is going to be a true street build in which everything needs to be street legal and keep the car daily driveable. My last couple of cars I would end up removing stuff (I.E. Interior Panels, A/C) only to find myself putting everything back in so I do not want to make that mistake again.

I requested that the dealer leave the car alone, not to drill the front plate, not to install dealer sticker, and not to wash the car or remove any of the plastic. The car actually came off the truck and I was the first and only person from that point to get in and drive it. The dealer even let me drive it to the gas station and fill it up as well as get an inspection sticker which was more than I asked for. They let me do that after I expressed my concerns over a tech driving the car. I specifically ordered the car with no options to start off with a clean slate and 13 weeks later it is here. It is actually cheaper to buy and install the options myself than to have them done at factory or port.

The goal for this car is to have every modification add value to the overall driving experience without turning it into a race car. The car must retain all of its creature comforts and be able to be a daily driver. With that being said a lot of trial and error will be needed to find the right parts to suit my needs. This journal will be updated as money and time allows. Power-wise the car will remain mostly stock (for now). I plan on building up everything around the drivetrain first and changing out misc things on the car that should have been there from the factory.
I will be using this journal to document its progress by mileage

CURRENT POWER
280WHP 309TQ

2015 WRX STI FUS02 BASE MODEL NO OPTIONS

Build Date Jan 2015

Modifications List

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE
-Stock Engine
-IAG Street Series AOS
-Mishimoto 2-port Catch Can
-Perrin Intercooler Coupler
-Turbo Xs Intercooler Elbow
-Nameless Axleback Muffler Delete

DRIVETRAIN
-Stock

ECU/TUNING
-Cobb AP V3 AP3-SUB-004
-BrenTuning Stage 1 Protune

SUSPENSION
-Stock

EXTERIOR
-XPEL Film
-Cquartz Finest
-40% Tint
-OEM Body Side Mouldings
-Subaru AWD Debadged
-Totsubo License plate Mounts
-Cruiser Clear License Plate Covers
-Rally Armor Mud Flaps

INTERIOR/I.C.E
-Cobb AP Piano Black Faceplate
-Cobb AP screen protector
-WeatherTech Floor Mats/STI Logo
-OEM Cargo Tray

FLUIDS
-Engine: Motul 8100 Xclean 5W30
-Transmission: Motul Gear 300
-Diff: Motul Gear 300

MISC
-Speedway Motors Nomex Honeycomb
(Intercooler and Radiator Protection)
Attached Thumbnails
BLKSTI16's 2015 CBS WRX STI-cam00092-jpg  

Last edited by BLKSTI16; 11-06-15 at 01:32 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-15, 04:49 PM   #2
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: BLKSTI16's 15 CBS WRX STI

The day I picked it up. Still wrapped in plastic!

Last edited by BLKSTI16; 11-06-15 at 07:13 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-12-15, 07:19 AM   #3
RS_NIVEK
Active Participant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: CBS '16 WRX STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

RS_NIVEK is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: BLKSTI16's 15 CBS WRX STI

Very nice! I've just ordered my 2016 in CBS as well. I've requested that no one touch the car when it arrives off the truck but me LOL!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-15, 08:15 AM   #4
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

First mod at 13 miles. Cobb AP V3 (AP3-SUB-004) with piano black face-plate and screen protector
Cobb AP Stage 1 ACN91 MAP running 93 octane (extra safety cushion). Break was performed for 1,500 miles using this map set to I Mode (Max 8 PSI)
I picked this location for the stealth factor. I originally had it mounted on the A pillar but everyone kept asking what it was from a distance so I determined it was too noticeable especially since I put the blue face-plate on. I moved it here and bought a black face-plate and also like how the wire is not running up the drivers side of the dash now. I would like to add another mount for under the dash or seat so I could hide it easier instead of taking it in and out but that's for another day.

Last edited by BLKSTI16; 09-28-15 at 01:53 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-12-15, 09:39 AM   #5
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

At 15 miles installed Hella Supertones, Perrin Horn Bracket, and Subimods V2 Wiring harness. I originally bought the Subimods Yellow Sharptones with wiring harness/bracket combo. When I opened the box, one of them was slighly scratched/dented and I just didnt like it. After reading several reviews and seeing a review video on the subimods bracket, I determined that the design was just too flimsy and the horns would be able move around which I do not want. I ordered the perrin horn bracket along with a set of red Hella Supertones and am very happen with the quality of the bracket. Its rock solid, has a perfect finish, and looks very high quality. I am amazed at the level of detail and it truly shows you the level pride this company takes in their products.

I also added some Speedway Motors Nomex Honeycomb radiator protectors in front of the radiator and the intercooler while everything was apart. This stuff is strong yet bends very easily. Cutting to size is very simple with just a regular box cutter. This will keep the a/c condenser and the intercooler free from dings and bent fins. Another quality product and not very expensive at just under $30 a sheet.

Hella Sharptones with Perrin Horn Bracket

Nomex Honeycomb Radiator Protector

Nomex Honeycomb Intercooler Protector

Last edited by BLKSTI16; 11-06-15 at 07:13 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-12-15, 09:50 AM   #6
Sti_Guy10
Advanced Contributor Level 3

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Sti_Guy10 will become famous soon enough

Dont blame you for not letting them touch it. I would do the same.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-12-15, 10:14 AM   #7
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

They thought it was a very unusual request but were more concerned about customer satisfaction since technically they gave me an un-prepped, unready dirty car. I told them not to worry about it.

Last edited by BLKSTI16; 06-23-15 at 01:47 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-13-15, 03:34 PM   #8
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

At 27 Miles the car receives a full detail of exterior, interior, and engine compartment as well as a stage one Paint Correction, Cquartz Finest paint sealant, XPEL Clear Bra, 40% window tint, and subaru awd emblem removed.

With the soft paint Subaru uses I wanted to make sure the car was protected right away. Worth it? Only you can decide how much you care about maintaining the original condition of the paint on your car. This level of work is not cheap and I do not plan on getting rid of the car so it was worth it to me. It is much cheaper in the future to remove the clear bra and re-apply than it is to repaint any damaged panels. Also, because it is a black car, I feel like it was a worthwhile investment.

Cquartz Finest is a ceramic clearcoat. I opted to go with this instead of Opti-Coat based on the recommendation of my detailer. Cquartz Finest uses different technology and brings out a much more glossier shine than Opti-Coat although it is only good for 2 years while Opti-Coat is good for 5 years.

Xpel Clear Bra Applied to:
-Full hood
-Full front Bumper
-Full fenders
-Headlights
-Side mirrors
-A pillars
-Roof strip
-Full rocker panels
-Door sill guards
-Door cups
-Door edge guards
-Trunk edge guards
-Full rear bumper.

Last edited by BLKSTI16; 11-06-15 at 07:16 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-13-15, 06:26 PM   #9
HighYield
Advanced Contributor Level 1

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

HighYield is on a distinguished road

What kind of bracket did you use to mount your AP there? I am like you, don't want the pilar mount either.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-14-15, 08:00 AM   #10
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighYield View Post
What kind of bracket did you use to mount your AP there? I am like you, don't want the pilar mount either.
The one that it came with in the box. Just peel and stick to where the console starts riding up to the radio. Word of caution! place it where you want then move it down a little. You need to be able to slide the AP up to get it off the mount. If you put it too high you will hit the bottom of the radio and not be able to get it off. When taking the AP on and off the mount hold the base where the sticky part is so you don't eventually pull it off from repeated movement.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement