Nachos Libres' 2015 ISM STI Limited - Bittersweet Memories / New S3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Nachos Libres' 2015 ISM STI Limited - Bittersweet Memories / New S3
Nachos Libres' 2015 ISM STI Limited - Bittersweet Memories / New S3
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Nachos Libres' 2015 ISM STI Limited - Bittersweet Memories / New S3

Old 07-31-14, 01:24 PM   #1
Nachos Libres
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Non-Subaru Paint
My Subaru Parts for sale

Nachos Libres is a jewel in the roughNachos Libres is a jewel in the roughNachos Libres is a jewel in the rough
Default Nachos Libres' 2015 ISM STI Limited - Bittersweet Memories / New S3

Table of Contents

07/31/2014 - My First Entry
08/14/2014 - LED DRL / High Beam Install
11/24/2014 - Valentine 1 Install
12/25/2014 - LED Fog Light Install
01/05/2015 - License Plate / Reverse / Trunk LEDs
01/05/2015 - JDM Rear Fog / Brake Light Install
01/12/2015 - JDM Rear Fog LED Upgrade
01/24/2015 - Rear Debadge
02/09/2015 - Tap Turn Installation / Review
05/30/2015 - Bayson R Lip / Tint
07/14/2015 - Bayson R Kit / JDM Start Button
02/08/2016 - 21,000 Mile Update
05/04/2016 - Bayson R Rear Underspoiler / Diffuser
12/17/2016 - Invidia Q300 Exhaust
02/08/2017 - Custom Shift / Parking Brake Boots, Misc Mods
07/11/2017 - Bittersweet Memories / New S3

After an almost 5 year hiatus from owning an STI, I'm back. During that time I shared a 2005 Mazda 6 with my wife (and 3 young boys) and after 4 years of that nonsense I decided to pay cash for a 2007 Honda Odyssey. Exciting - I know.

I have been wanting an STI for quite a while, but didn't get serious about it until I saw how beautiful yet sporty the new 2015 models were. I loved the improved interior - both in refinement and space (I always felt my 2005 STI's interior was cheap and cramped). We took a trip to Dallas this week and I decided to go look at a 2015 Ice Silver Metallic STI Limited with Keyless Access / Start. I had wanted a white or red STI - but when I saw the ISM on the showroom floor of the dealership I immediately changed my mind.

With my wife's blessing, I parted ways with the 10 year old, oil leaking Mazda 6 and purchased the 2015 ISM STI Limited. It's been a great few days so far, but since I live so close to work (like 0.5 miles away) and since we are in the middle of town I don't see much drive time in my future. The best part has been has much my wife has enjoyed it - she actually has driven it more than I have.

Unlike my 2005 STI, I don't plan on doing any modifications to this car (I even promised my wife that it would remain stock until the power train warranty runs out). The only "modifications" I could see myself doing are adding a radar detector (yet I feel I drive better and safer when I don't have one) and switching out the auto dimming mirror for a Homelink mirror. Unlike the 2005 STI, there isn't anything I really want to change on the car - the exhaust is plenty deep and loud - and appearance wise there is nothing I could see to make it better.

So, there probably won't be much if any updates to this journal, but I thought I would go ahead and reserve my spot.

My old 2005 Mazda 6 next to the new 2015 STI (I won't miss the Mazda 6 at all):

And for nostalgia's sake - I've included a link to my old STI:

Nachos Libres' 2005 WRB STI
Attached Thumbnails
Nachos Libres' 2015 ISM STI Limited - Bittersweet Memories / New S3-img_7689-jpg  

Last edited by Nachos Libres; 07-11-17 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Update Title / Table of Contents
Likes 6 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-14, 03:20 PM   #2
Goose42
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Surgeline pro tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Goose42 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nachos Libres' 2015 ISM Limited STI

Man, that 05 was beautiful! Congrats on the new ride, at least your wife is not scared to drive it!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-01-14, 06:23 AM   #3
thundercamel
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: Tinted windows
My Subaru Parts for sale

thundercamel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nachos Libres' 2015 ISM STI Limited

Welcome back! Had the hatch on the mazda 6, eh? Also, I take it that wasn't your stingray? Let me know how you think the shifter and clutch feels coming from the 2005 (same here).
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-14, 10:20 AM   #4
Nachos Libres
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Nachos Libres is a jewel in the roughNachos Libres is a jewel in the roughNachos Libres is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercamel View Post
Welcome back! Had the hatch on the mazda 6, eh? Also, I take it that wasn't your stingray? Let me know how you think the shifter and clutch feels coming from the 2005 (same here).
Yeah, the Mazda 6 was fully loaded - hatch, leather, moon roof. Awesome car, the only sucky part was that it was an automatic and that once we bought ours there were so many of them out on the road - it was almost like driving a Mustang.

Yeah, the Stingray wasn't mine. I met a friend in Dallas and that's what he was driving. A very awesome car but when you put the STI next to I think the STI looks a lot better.

As far as shifter and clutch, I honestly can't remember what the 2005 felt like. I will say after not having driven stick for 6 years it was a very easy transition. In fact, my friend that had the Stingray with MT drove the STI a lot worse than I did - he was complimenting me on my driving.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-01-14, 10:44 AM   #5
Parker
Delight Moderator
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Fav Mod: Your mom
My Subaru Parts for sale

Parker is on a distinguished road

I know you're just dying to become a mod again.

Congrats on the car. I'm loving the new 2015 and would love to get back into one but the STI's are just too much now and the WRX is on my radar.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-01-14, 02:06 PM   #6
Nachos Libres
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I know you're just dying to become a mod again.

Congrats on the car. I'm loving the new 2015 and would love to get back into one but the STI's are just too much now and the WRX is on my radar.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

And bro I love it - yeah it is definitely expensive - but I'm looking to keep it 10 years and it seems the STIs are holding their values a lot better than back in 2009. Besides, I know before when I bought a car and didn't go all out I ended up regretting it in the end, but, this is the year to get the WRX. I wish they would have put the WRX engine in the STI, but I wasn't willing to wait another year to see what happens.

I'll be looking to see what you do - and I'm definitely going to be around a lot more now that I am back in the game.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-01-14, 05:07 PM   #7
ping1
Becoming A Contributor

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ping1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have paint chips on trunk? The TSB # is 12-172-14. I've got a 2015 STI and waiting for parts.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-01-14, 07:06 PM   #8
Mistahtan
Becoming A Contributor

Car: DGM 2018 STi
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Mistahtan is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats man! I was set on getting Black or White, but when I saw the silver in person, I was sold too
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-14, 05:34 AM   #9
Nachos Libres
Moderator Elite

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ping1 View Post
Do you have paint chips on trunk? The TSB # is 12-172-14. I've got a 2015 STI and waiting for parts.
No. I've checked twice already. I'm sure it will end up happening since I probably shut my trunk too hard anyway but nothing yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistahtan View Post
Congrats man! I was set on getting Black or White, but when I saw the silver in person, I was sold too
Agreed, even if given the choice now between white or silver I would pick silver hands down.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-02-14, 06:00 AM   #10
squrillbait
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

squrillbait is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice ride. I wish I had the auto dimming mirror
Likes 0 Dislikes 0