PeteyPab
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

PeteyPab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PeteyPab's WRB STi

Hello everyone! After much reading, debating and scouring the internets I decided to take the plunge on a WRB STI Limited w/exhaust, short shifter, Push button start and nav. I've always liked the WRB although the white seems to really make the car look good.

I previously owned a OBP 2011 STi Limited.

The car's only modifiaction was a stage 1 map with the Cobb SF intake. We had plenty of snowy adventures. I was going to trade the car in but I got a pretty good offer to sell the car using USAA's car selling pogram. Within 14 hours of posting the car, it was sold.

With the exception of winter wheels, tint, Xpel ultimate clear bra and a Cobb V3 accessport and possibly better brake pads I don't plan on modding the car right away.

Due to schoo/work/family I wasn't very active in the local Subie scene but I am taking a break from school and hopefully I'll see some of you who are local in the Colorado Springs/Denver area.

Cheers everyone!

Last edited by PeteyPab; 04-22-15 at 07:03 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-14, 12:09 PM   #2
socmed
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: CWP 16' STi Limited
Fav Mod: STi Badge
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

socmed will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PeteyPab's WRB STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyPab View Post
Hello everyone! After much reading, debating and scouring the internets I decided to take the plunge on a WRB STI Limited w/exhaust, short shifter, Push button start and nav. I've always liked the WRB although the white seems to really make the car look good.

I previously owned a OBP 2011 STi Limited.

Attachment 31198

Attachment 31199

The car's only modifiaction was a stage 1 map with the Cobb SF intake. We had plenty of snowy adventures. I was going to trade the car in but I got a pretty good offer to sell the car using USAA's car selling pogram. Within 14 hours of posting the car, it was sold.

With the exception of winter wheels, tint, Xpel ultimate clear bra and a Cobb V3 accessport and possibly better brake pads I don't plan on modding the car right away.

Due to schoo/work/family I wasn't very active in the local Subie scene but I am taking a break from school and hopefully I'll see some of you who are local in the Colorado Springs/Denver area.

Cheers everyone!
Happy to see another fellow Colorado owner start a journal about their new purchase! Hopefully I can get mine ordered in the coming days with Clint. Then comes the painful process of waiting, but oh well. At least it will be here in time for some fall foliage cruising in the mountains!

I look forward to following your journal updates.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-23-14, 07:47 PM   #3
PeteyPab

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by socmed View Post
Happy to see another fellow Colorado owner start a journal about their new purchase! Hopefully I can get mine ordered in the coming days with Clint. Then comes the painful process of waiting, but oh well. At least it will be here in time for some fall foliage cruising in the mountains!

I look forward to following your journal updates.

Did you make a journal yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-14, 07:21 PM   #4
socmed
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: CWP 16' STi Limited
Fav Mod: STi Badge
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

socmed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyPab View Post
Did you make a journal yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I have not. I'm thinking about starting one!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-08-14, 10:18 PM   #5
PeteyPab

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Pics I posted on a different thread of my Aspen trip. I took HWY 24 to Independence Pass and Finally arrived at Aspen.

Total miles driven: 585 Miles
Average MPG: 23.2 mpg

Thoughts: Boy is this car a thrill to drive! The power is the same as we all know but the handling is amazing. Independence Pass has a few switch backs that have suggested speed of 10 mph. I was not able to see how fast I was taking those corner but it was faster than 10 mph. The beauty of it was the lack of body roll & understeer that was not present makes the car feel more like a go kart.

One of my favorite changes in the car is the heaviness of the steering that I don't recall being present in my 2011 STi. It's more prenounced at low speeds.

I ordered the car with the SS, exhaust and the push button start with NAV. About the NAV, it's not bad once you learn how to use it which can be annoying if you're in a hurry and haven't quite figured out the ins and outs.

The sound is excellent. I read a lot of complaints so my expectations were low. Some advise, learn to play with the equalizer settings. You'll enjoy the sound much more if you take the time to set these up to your liking. One thing I wish it would have is a seperate subwoofer level control so you could turn that up and down
more easily without impacting the rest of the sound.

About the push button start, meh, not sure what to think quite yet. Yeah, it's cool but sometimes I miss the feel of the key. I'll give it more time.

About the short throw shifter: This is something I really like. The feel is really notchy and gives you exellent feed back. Shifts are closer together than stock but not to the point where I felt like I would miss-shift to the wrong gear. I think this is an option that should be included with the car. I had no trouble adjusting to it. My wife drove the car as soon as we left the dealership and her first comment was that it was so easy to drive. I wasn't sure what she meant and she explained that the shifts while notchy were smoother than before. I explained to her this was partly due to the short shifter and also because the car revved a bit everytime you went to shift gears. The rev matching is something I really enjoy, too. ***One last thing on this and fyi, this option makes the throws shorter but does not shorten the height of the stick.

The SPT/ STi exhaust option: I also really liked this. The sound is loud enough to let you know it's there but it doesn't over power your conversation in the car. Music is heard clear and there is no droning from the exhaust. I've had exhausts before that as the music got louder the droning effect would get worse. Not the case here. This should also be included in the car.

Final thoughts: I love this car more than the 2011. It's what the GR should have been all along. Looks are subjective and is the reason I didn't review the looks. If it's true that the engine/power will get a change come the 2016+ model than the STi will finally have the full package. As for now, I'm extremely happy with what I got.
Attached Thumbnails
PeteyPab's WRB STi-yzateba3-jpg  

Last edited by PeteyPab; 04-22-15 at 07:14 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-09-14, 03:56 AM   #6
405HP_Z06
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: '15 STi Launch Ed
Fav Mod: Driving
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

405HP_Z06 is on a distinguished road

Congrats, nice review and pictures. WRB is the best color.
EFI University Evangelist
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-09-14, 05:40 AM   #7
gargleblaster
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Frontal Lobotomy
My Subaru Parts for sale

gargleblaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats. Looking forward to some more photos out at Wilkerson.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-09-14, 09:20 PM   #8
PeteyPab

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargleblaster View Post
Congrats. Looking forward to some more photos out at Wilkerson.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Definitely! Would love to get as many 2015s as possible to make the trip.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-14, 10:26 AM   #9
RevC
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Car: 11 STI
My Subaru Parts for sale

RevC is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet..but I def dont see any rev matching capability
Im gonna be in CS this weekend for a wedding at the garden.
Rev
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-10-14, 11:24 AM   #10
PeteyPab

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

If it isn't rev matching the car definitely blips the accelerator when you shift.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement