IW STi Forum banner

Will's 2013 WRB STi Sedan

GR Sedan: 
5K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  WillD 
#1 · (Edited)

History: This is my first Subaru, I ordered it in November 2012 and picked it up January 21st, 2013. I was really disappointed that I couldn't get Lightning Red for 2013, but I guess it isn't all bad because it forced me to buy a non-red car! Plus, I really like the WRB. :D

I always wanted an STi, when I graduated college it was a little out of my price range at the time and I wanted a new car so I purchased a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT, which I had up until January 18, 2013 when I sold it after putting 102,000 miles on it. The Speed3 was a great car for the money in terms of performance and features. I couldn't of been happier with it. But, it isn't an STI...

Plans: I have a long list of desired mods... Except for a cat-back exhaust I'm going to go all suspension mods first, at least that is my plan. :D Unfortunately it's going to take a while because I spend too much money on track time and my other car (1991 Miata).

Mod List:
Interior:
CDM Embroidered STi Floor Mats
WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit Winter Floor Mats
JDM Dual Console Box
Subaru Flip Key Mod​
Exterior:
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra (applied windshield forward)
35% Window Tint
Rally Armor Urethane Mud Flaps (Red Logo)
Subtle Solutions STi Front License Plate Delete – Not Installed
V-LEDs.com 5K LED Switchback (Amber/White) Front Marker Lights
FastWRX LED Turn Signal Blinker Module​
Suspension/Brakes:
RaceComp Engineering Adjustable Front Sway Bar (25.5mm)
RaceComp Engineering Adjustable Rear Sway Bar (25.5mm)
KartBoy Front Sway Bar Endlinks
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar Mount Support Braces – Not Installed​
Engine/Exhaust:
Nameless Performance Axleback Muffler Delete​
Wheels/Tires:

Misc:

OEM Options:
Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror w/Homelink
Navigation
Cargo Tray
STi Short Throw Shifter​

Contents:
1/21/2013 - Vehicle picked up from Ganley Westside Imports in North Olmsted.
1/21/2013 - XPEL Ultimate Self Healing Protective Film installed on the front portion of the car.
1/30/2013 - Installed Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 (245/40-R18) on the stock wheels.
2/2/2013 - 35% window tint installed on all the windows except for the windshield.
2/10/2013 - Installed Rally Armor mud flaps.
2/27/2013 - First oil change.
4/12/2013 - Remounted the OE Dunlops on the stock wheels for the summer.
5/22/2013 - Finished the DIY flip key using Legacy GT key buttons and flip key housing from NASIOC.
5/27/2013 - RCE F&R Sway Bars Installed. V-LEDs switchback turn signal bulbs. LED turn signal blinker module.
6/3/2013 - Installed front Kartboy end links.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I'm going to try and go back to all the updates since I picked up the car in January since it took me so long to make a thread haha... Normally January is pretty boring in Ohio, but this year wasn't so bad! :D

First picture immediately after the guys finished putting the clear bra on the entire front of the car windshield forward.

I picked the car up on a rare sunny day for an Ohio winter so I drove it outside to take a few pictures:

Hit 1000 miles almost exactly a month later on February 20, 2013:

The fun stuff finally started recently... I didn't have the normal autocross car (Miata) ready in time for the April autocross so I took the STi out:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.