Thoughts/Review/Comparison DAM is at a constant 0.812 - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
DAM is at a constant 0.812
DAM is at a constant 0.812
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Thoughts/Review/Comparison DAM is at a constant 0.812

Old 06-24-19, 07:42 PM   #21
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: DAM is at a constant 0.812

I'll graph it out again and screenshot it when I am at a computer. Under "Tune"->"Adjustments", you will see "Timing" on the AP. You can reduce timing, globally, by up to 5 degrees.

I would do the compression test with a warm engine.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-19, 12:44 PM   #22
VA STI
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

VA STI will become famous soon enough

The Cobb AP has a way to pull up to 5 degrees of timing globally using the in screen menus. This can be a safety thing for when you're at the track. I pulled 5 degrees before at the track because I was getting some pretty high knock numbers during a hot day.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-25-19, 02:41 PM   #23
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Here is your log. I would personally run your peak torque closer to the 11-12 degree range and ramp up a little slower, considering you do not take it up to 7k RPM. Your timing is closer to my E85 timing, which I dialed in on a dyno.

DAM is at a constant 0.812-iwsti-timing-png
Attached Thumbnails
DAM is at a constant 0.812-iwsti-timing-png  

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 06-25-19 at 02:44 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-25-19, 06:22 PM   #24
stiprince
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: DGM MY15 STi
Fav Mod: CF Driveshaft
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

stiprince is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Here is your log. I would personally run your peak torque closer to the 11-12 degree range and ramp up a little slower, considering you do not take it up to 7k RPM. Your timing is closer to my E85 timing, which I dialed in on a dyno.

Image Link

oh wow thanks for doing that for me. ill need to learn a bit more on what im looking at, but non the less thank you. i put the global timing down 3 degrees. i have not done a pull yet to give you a new log but thank you for your time. i will in the next few days check my compression and post the numbers as soon as i have them.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-26-19, 10:26 AM   #25
F1EA
Joined the Conversation

Car: 2019 STI CWP
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

F1EA is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like you're running Canadian 94 with a 93oct Cobb map = not a great idea.

I'm actually running a Stage 2 91 Oct on Canadian (BC) 94 + Octane Booster (2019 STI) and getting similar timing (actually the same) as you; but ZERO knock and DAM adjustment events. I get the occasional highway cruise -1.40 knock and so on. Checked with several logs, absolutely no knock during a WOT pull and Dam steady at 1.0.

Not sure how different AB fuel is compared to BC 94 Oct. But if I were you I would flash a 91 Oct tune (even if running 94 Oct fuel) and monitor instead of pulling global timing. I guess it achieves the same, but why risk it; especially if you're tracking it and have an intake. Cobb actually recommends ACN91 for canadian 94; but I've logged both ACN91 and 91 Oct and get no knock. Best to log with the A/C off.

The other solution is getting a custom tune for your 94 Octane which will get you a bit more performance over the OTS.

PS. 1st post on IWSTI.
I joined mostly after reading a couple of YamahaSHO's posts

Last edited by F1EA; 06-26-19 at 12:43 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-04-19, 04:33 PM   #26
Danger1138
Becoming A Contributor

Car: SGM 06 FXT
Fav Mod: Disabling DRL's
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Danger1138 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=stiprince;4480872]So i think everything seems to be okay, i hope.

I ended up disconnecting the battery for 30 min to reset the ECU, and ended up cleaning the air filter and took the MAF out and cleaning it. I don't know for sure which thing i did ended up making things good again (that being the DAM 1.00 back to normal). So for now all is well i guess.

[/QUOTE

Resetting the ecu def does not help your problem if you indeed had an issue to start with. All you did by resetting ecu is simply trick your self into believing alls good because your DAM is at 1.00 now.

Before the ecu reset you should have swapped gas stations to see if DAM would rise to normal levels like you say it has in the past.

You could've also swapped out plugs for new ones to see if that has any effect on DAM.

What caused the DAM to drop was repeated knock events during certain rpms/load. The ecu is protecting the engine by removing timing globally..?; If that makes sense. What caused the knock is another can of worms all together. May have been false knock the sensor picked up, who knows something loose rattling around.

You probably would have seen lots of feedback knock right before the DAM dropped.

Last edited by Danger1138; 07-04-19 at 04:37 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement