Purchased an 02 Wrx and major problems - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Purchased an 02 Wrx and major problems
Purchased an 02 Wrx and major problems
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Purchased an 02 Wrx and major problems

Old 05-17-19, 10:02 PM   #1
TrevorNoah
Joined the Conversation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

TrevorNoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Purchased an 02 Wrx and major problems

Well to start out, i found a cheap enough 2002 wrx for me to start out on. it’s a 5 speed, first stick but have driven others stick shifts which made this easy breezy for me. I made the mistake of trusting this kid and took his word for a lot of the things he said which was fucking stupid to say the least. he said the last oil change was less than 1000 miles ago, checked it tonight and it’s empty. i’m stationed in hawaii and would like to know the best oil to put into it. to address the next issue, power steering fluid is barren too. now for the bigger issue which is open to debate. car is overheating. he claimed the thermometer gets stuck, didn’t pay attention to the coolant temp on dash while driving but ac was blowing cold the entire time. when i went to check the oil and saw it was empty, noticed the piping to the radiator was vacuumed, kind of squeezed together and another person looking at it with me said that he could feel no coolant in there, but there was (some) coolant in the radiator. i texted the dude asking him about the coolant and he said the thermometer was stuck. I’m mechanically inclined to make this car work, just need some guidance as to what the fuck i need to do. Mileage is 116,000 if that’s to help any, i can get any info for you on the car, thanks in advance.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-19, 07:27 AM   #2
mheyman
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light

No oil? Pray. Put oil in it. Pray some more. Keep on praying - forever. Use any name brand synthetic 5 or 10W40.

Then try to work out the other issues.

Good luck.

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-18-19, 10:18 PM   #3
Jedi03
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Blue 2009 STi Hatch
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jedi03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Purchased an 02 Wrx and major problems

address all the concerns you immediately see, I always do all maintenance on the vehicle when I purchase and treat it like it hadn't been done...hopefully it didn't damage anything with the low coolant and oil...I recommend motorcraft for the oil
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement