Help - Torque Pro app triggered lights flashing on dash - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Help - Torque Pro app triggered lights flashing on dash
Help - Torque Pro app triggered lights flashing on dash
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Help - Torque Pro app triggered lights flashing on dash

Old 08-17-19, 06:30 AM   #11
murfnamedsmurf
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2012 DGM STI 5 door
Fav Mod: No car payment
My Subaru Parts for sale

murfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura aboutmurfnamedsmurf has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help - Torque Pro app triggered lights flashing on dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1000 View Post
It sounds like it is no longer supported. The Btssm app in the Google play store looks more promising than torque. Have you had an experience with that app?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I do not, but I am interested. That app appears to be able to display DAM (IAM), fuel trims, feedback knock, and fine knock learn. These are the most important ones to me and the reason I don't use torque anymore (because I use my accessport instead). I'll have to look into this app, it would be nice to have the option of stowing the AP without losing the ability to monitor those items.

Plus that's a nice thing for people who want to monitor those without tuning. I had a leak on my intake manifold for likely around a year without realizing it. I had occasional misfire CELS etc but overall the ECU was compensating, I just never knew this until I got an AP and the fuel trims were way off (but still within the abilities of the ECU).

Importantly, a lot of the cheap OBD devices such as the ELM one I have, do not support SSM, so there would be some loss of functionality there without buying a new adapter. The one you're looking at does support that, but it says it polls pretty slowly in K-line mode, which I think is generally the basic parameters you're able to monitor with any old OBD adapter.

Last edited by murfnamedsmurf; 08-17-19 at 06:43 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-19, 07:36 AM   #12
T1000
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

T1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help - Torque Pro app triggered lights flashing on dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfnamedsmurf View Post
I do not, but I am interested. That app appears to be able to display DAM (IAM), fuel trims, feedback knock, and fine knock learn. These are the most important ones to me and the reason I don't use torque anymore (because I use my accessport instead). I'll have to look into this app, it would be nice to have the option of stowing the AP without losing the ability to monitor those items.

Plus that's a nice thing for people who want to monitor those without tuning. I had a leak on my intake manifold for likely around a year without realizing it. I had occasional misfire CELS etc but overall the ECU was compensating, I just never knew this until I got an AP and the fuel trims were way off (but still within the abilities of the ECU).

Importantly, a lot of the cheap OBD devices such as the ELM one I have, do not support SSM, so there would be some loss of functionality there without buying a new adapter. The one you're looking at does support that, but it says it polls pretty slowly in K-line mode, which I think is generally the basic parameters you're able to monitor with any old OBD adapter.
Interesting. I just changed my stock air filter the other day and noticed that my car idles a bit more rough. Maybe i'm just paranoid but I guess this app might help me identify something. I just got the torque app not to long ago but was a bit disappointed with the limited features.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement