Other Questions From a New STI Owner - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Questions From a New STI Owner
Questions From a New STI Owner
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Other Questions From a New STI Owner

Old 07-17-19, 12:35 PM   #11
[email protected]
Authorized Vendor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2011 STI Sedan
Fav Mod: Arcflash LLC Ohlins Coilovers
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

joshua@arcflashllc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions From a New STI Owner

Thanks!

Manually locking will hurt turn in and cause the car to push. You want the center diff open on corner entrance and gradually locking all the way from apex out as you fully apply the power.

Some supporting mods:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer 100 View Post
That's a beautiful car. I'm trying to stay in the street class until I get absolutely bored and need to start modding. I've never really had any interest in "dirt tracking" or drifting or whatever. I feel like between the sway bar and getting a decent set of pads on the car, I'm able to trail brake more effectively, which solved my turn in pretty well. I still need to figure out my corner exit with this car though. Right now I've turned my best times by getting it into position by mid-corner, and then going immediately to full acceleration as soon as possible. It's not entirely slow, but I feel like there is probably a better way to do it. I'm going to mess with the manual diff settings a little bit at my next event just to see if it's more predictable. I've read both sides of the argument regarding auto vs. manual, but I realize everyone is different, and in some cases comes down to their previous experience and driving style.
SPL Suspension Components
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-19, 12:47 PM   #12
Lazer 100
Active Participant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Lazer 100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions From a New STI Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
I'll be following this thread as I come from a similar background (BRZ track car). I just picked up my new STI last week and have felt surprising handling characteristics from the front end while turning under power. I assumed it was just a consequence of the AWD.
The only thing that I really don't like about this car so far is the "panic break" feature. This car seems to need to be able to brake boost as much or more than a lot of cars that I've driven and I was really shocked when I tried to left foot brake the first time.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement