GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826 - Page 84 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826

Old 07-25-19, 04:17 AM   #831
TBAG
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: WRB Bugeye STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Subaru Parts for sale

TBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud ofTBAG has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - an Offer I couldn't refuse #826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
Ben, be sure to inspect the driveshaft after putting some kilometers on the setup. You may find contact to the driveshaft. I'll find the picture later from my journal. Might require you to clearance the driveshaft tunnel and leading edge of the crossmember IIRC. So many years ago for my install.
Exactly. I fit my pst and it was perfect but I have heard some have had issues. Not just PST but also the other brands too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-19, 06:23 AM   #832
ben_der
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Spec C Steering Rack
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of lightben_der is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Boostit2 View Post
Ben, be sure to inspect the driveshaft after putting some kilometers on the setup. You may find contact to the driveshaft. I'll find the picture later from my journal. Might require you to clearance the driveshaft tunnel and leading edge of the crossmember IIRC. So many years ago for my install.
Yeah I noticed some tight space where you said it is while installing it. Already massaged the tunnel with a Hammer. The front of the Rear Subframe will see the grinder to make some more room... Just for the sake of it.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-25-19, 06:29 AM   #833
BlueScooby
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light

Good to know. I will need to replace mine as well at some point.

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-25-19, 06:48 AM   #834
Got2Boostit2
Moderator Elite
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Fav Mod: Hands down - Q Rack FTMFW Boy eee
My Subaru Parts for sale

Got2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to allGot2Boostit2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_der View Post
Yeah I noticed some tight space where you said it is while installing it. Already massaged the tunnel with a Hammer. The front of the Rear Subframe will see the grinder to make some more room... Just for the sake of it.
I finessed the tunnel (read hammer, LoL) twice and did some grinding of the subframe beak and still the DS shows contact. I pretty much gave up and have been driving it. I paint marked and dated the area to see if it was still making contact. I'm almost thinking there is some flex (read bow) taking place under initial acceleration. At least in my mind.

"Lucille" is Sponsored by: Butler's Garage
Protune video
https://youtu.be/Xyx6G1yXqKc

If you have issues with moderation or other members, report the post or use the Private Support Forum to discuss. Located => https://www.iwsti.com/forums/private-support-forum/
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement