Thoughts/Review/Comparison 2021 STI - next gen wishlist - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2021 STI - next gen wishlist
2021 STI - next gen wishlist
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Thoughts/Review/Comparison 2021 STI - next gen wishlist

Old 08-13-19, 01:41 PM   #31
enoxard
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: kung f00 skillz!
My Subaru Parts for sale

enoxard has a spectacular aura aboutenoxard has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2021 STI - next gen wishlist

if they put an vape-detector ejection seat that launched any clown vaping in their subaru, i'd pay money for that.

I'd also pay for bolt-on boobs.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-19, 08:04 AM   #32
STINick19
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STINick19 is on a distinguished road

Update on Prime Motoring's 500+ whp FA24DIT build in their Crosstrek.

Mods:
  • FA24DIT - OEM Ascent long block w/ ARP head studs
  • STI drivetrain
  • FP XR Blue HTZ ball bearing turbo
  • Killer B IWG header
  • Stock WRX ecu w/ Cobb AP
  • Cobb Flex Fuel Kit (stock injectors & HPFP)
  • Cobb EBCS
  • Cobb FMIC
  • Cobb Intake
  • Invidia J pipe
  • Custom catback
  • IBR TGV delete & BRZ intake manifold adapter kit (not yet installed)
  • Non-power related: OEM STI 19" wheels, STI Type RA Brembos & Recaro seats

Tuned by JR: Made 502whp/484 lb-ft @ 22.1psi before they then ran out of fuel. They're still in the process of mocking up the IBR BRZ manifold kit. Next up, waiting on speed density & port injection tuning options.

Look at the monster torque on this thing. 300 lb-ft @ ~2800 rpm, 400 lb-ft @ ~3200 rpm, 480 lb-ft @ ~4000 rpm. Peak power (502 whp) @ ~6200 rpm (torque still at 420 lb-ft). I'm betting the IBR BRZ manifold kit will help carry the power a bit higher up. They commented that they limited the torque down low because they don't know the limits of the rods yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Motoring;
Update on my FA24 swap. JrTuned and I have been working tirelessly these last 3 days etuning and figuring out little nuisances with this motor. Unfortunately we are out of fuel and at the limits of the MAF so we can not push further for now but happy to have hit the 500whp on a completely stock motor and only 22.1 psi. The most remarkable thing about it is i counted the amount of pulls we have made these last few days and this thing has seen 56 dyno pulls, in some terrible humidity ALL at 460+ whp & 460+ wtq and many with some very nasty break ups and misfires as he dialed in this thing. No break in whatsoever, right on the dyno, straight to ethanol, still on the original non synthetic oil, it has not left those rollers and has not skipped a beat. Tested after and 235psi compression & under 5% leakdown across each cylinder. Color me impressed with this engine. It has me looking very forward to the next gen STI. Now simply waiting on COBB Speed Density software and/or some port injection to further test the limits of the stock engine. IBR sent me mockup adapters for the BRZ manifold and they arrived today so all thats in the works. I want to see where we can take this stock motor to so we have a leg up come time the next gen STI is released. Exciting times ahead.

Mods again for those new to this. 2014 Crosstrek swapped as a 2017 WRX. FA24DIT ascent engine adapted in with stock WRX ecu. FP Blue XR ball bearing turbo, Killer B IWG header, Cobb Intake, Cobb FMIC, Cobb EBCS, Cobb Flex Fuel, Invidia J Pipe, Custom catback & STI 6speed transmission
This certainly looks promising for the next gen STI if it receives a version of the FA24. If not, just have Prime Motoring build you a FA24 swapped Crosstrek with the existing STI drivetrain You get a modern 2.4L engine, 6 speed STI drivetrain & the hatchback that everyone wants.

It'll be interesting to see how long things hold up, especially given the larger bore/pistons (94mm vs 86mm). At least they'll explore the limits and find the weak point for everyone else

Prime Motoring - Update on my FA24 swap. JrTuned and I... | Facebook

Subaru Ascent FA24DIT Swapped Crosstrek First Start! - YouTube

Last edited by STINick19; 08-23-19 at 02:28 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-31-19, 07:05 AM   #33
STINick19

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Rumors of the 2021 STI have begun..
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...platform-news/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-01-19, 03:56 PM   #34
DaveC113
Becoming A Master Contributor

Car: '18 Camaro SS 1LE
Fav Mod: Don't Need Any, No Subaru
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

DaveC113 will become famous soon enoughDaveC113 will become famous soon enough

More Next-Generation 2021 Subaru WRX STI Details Surface | Torque News

FA20 DIT w/315 hp. Fuck you Subaru.

I can see buying a WRX as a sporty econo-commuter car, but Subaru can stick the STi deep in their asshole. This is so disappointing and ridiculous. I'll probably never buy another Subaru.
Likes 0 Dislikes 2

Old 09-01-19, 04:21 PM   #35
STINick19

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Keep in mind that these are still rumors and specs for the JDM models. It's still possible that the USDM WRX will keep the FA20 and the STI will get the FA24 since both engines are already certified in the US. It would be like Japan getting the EJ207 and the US getting the EJ257 since Americans love torque and "bigger is better".

Even then I would expect the next STI to have between 310-341 hp. I don't think Subaru will immediately outdo the S209's power figure.

The advantage to the FA engine is that it has a broader torque curve (thanks to the EL header, twin scroll turbo, higher compression, etc.) and responds better to bolt-ons & ethanol. The WRX's FA20 already makes 320+ whp with a "stage 1 flex fuel tune" with everything else being mechanically stock (just an AccessPort, flex fuel kit & tune). I'm guessing an STI version will be capable of at least 350 whp with a similar setup.

Not to mention the improved fuel economy as an added bonus. I got better fuel economy in my '16 WRX running E50 than I do in my stock '19 STI

Subaru has the potential to make a great car.. only time will tell if they actually do..

Last edited by STINick19; 09-12-19 at 06:16 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-01-19, 07:09 AM   #36
STINick19

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Aftermarket development for the FA engine seems to be advancing in anticipation that the next gen STI receives a better version of the FA20/FA24.

IBR has developed 2 new products:

A "stage 1" HPFP that replaces some internal components of the stock HPFP. IBR's stage 1 should add a bit more pressure and flow to push the stock injectors further and allow for more power. The injectors are the next fuel bottleneck. The stock HPFP and injector combination seems to run out of steam around 500whp on ethanol. Unfortunately, it looks like IBR is having issues with the pumps sticking. Price is $300 (when in stock).

https://www.youtube.com/v/sRUD6wLd_3U

A modular intake manifold that is certainly unique looking. The red portion adds plenum space over top large velocity stacks. The manifold provides "shower-style" port injection into the top of the bell mouth to get the most phase change and cooling benefits from ethanol for the intake charge. This should provide good gains over their BRZ intake manifold kit. Price is estimated at $1,499 (ETA is 2 months).

The shower-style fuel injection is popular in motorcycles and F1 engines. By injecting the fuel at the top of the the plenum it allows for more time to cool the intake charge and better fuel atomization (air/fuel mixing). The cooler, more atomized intake charge should provide better combustion, more power and less pre-ignition/detonation.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement