GD: Nick's 05 WRB STi - ETS/GTX/EFI/Flare build - Page 58 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Nick's 05 WRB STi - ETS/GTX/EFI/Flare build
Nick's 05 WRB STi - ETS/GTX/EFI/Flare build
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: Nick's 05 WRB STi - ETS/GTX/EFI/Flare build

Old 04-14-19, 01:57 PM   #571
BootsJunkie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Car: '05 WRB STi
Fav Mod: JDM V8 seats
My Subaru Parts for sale

BootsJunkie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nick's 05 WRB STi - ETS/GTX/EFI/Flare build

By golly I might have dodged a bullet, don't ask how.

Tried starting it up 2 weeks ago, when I pushed the clutch in I heard and felt a "pop" in the pedal.
No fluid was coming out of the master cylinder when pushing in the pedal, so I bought and installed a new MC. It took me almost 2 straight days of bleeding the master/slave but I finally got it this past friday.

Saturday (yesterday) I finally fired her up for about 5 minutes, until a MASSIVE oil leak suddenly appeared from the pass side intake cam seal. The only dealer with 1 in stock was down by Rutgers, so I drove ~2hrs for a $6 oil seal

Today I fired her up for about 15-20 minutes (no more oil leak ) but I did find a constant drip of coolant coming from the bottom of my Koyo rad, which has no more than 30K miles
Even with the rad completely removed from the car and filled with water, it was dripping with 0 pressure applied, wtf.
Whatever, now I got a new Mishimoto coming on Tuesday

But best of all.... I saw ZERO coolant dripping from the HG's!!

I'm still not 100% convinced, but I got my fingers crossed
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement