GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Likely keeping it as a daily! - Page 201 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Likely keeping it as a daily!
yamahaSHO's Street Car - Likely keeping it as a daily!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GD: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Likely keeping it as a daily!

Old 04-19-19, 11:20 AM   #2001
tylerandreas
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Wingless
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: yamahaSHO's Street Car - Likely keeping it as a daily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal Racing View Post
where to start?

- a divorce from wife#4

- a second major spine surgery

- a total knee replacement

- two cataract surgeries

- a 20yo girlfriend

- a 23yo girlfriend

and my current 19yo girlfriend

my sti racecar needs an engine. we were planning an h6. that engine was not forthcoming and (this is news) I'm likely selling or parting out the racecar and maybe the trailer. haven't made up my mind.

meanwhile, the gtr is at Baker performance for an interior freshening, a new long block and another 400hp. we did a complete rebuild of the transmission with a ppg gearset last year.

I'm so lazy and tired from my gf's relentless sexual demands that I'll probably repost this update on my build thread. lol (i crack myself up)

Jesus Christ Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-19, 11:26 AM   #2002
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandreas View Post
Car already has a PERRIN inlet on it. It’s a blouch 20g XT-R, AEM 320 fuel pump, 1050x injectors, aeromotive FPR, Mishimoto FMIC/Intake, COBB catted DP, and a built motor with Manley H-Tuff Piston/Rods, and a ACT HD clutch.

So yea, really just needs a flexfuel kit/V3/proper tune and it’s good IMO.

You're going to want a bigger fuel pump and bump the pressure, or get bigger injectors for a 20G-XT-R on corn.

I have a customer on a 20G XT with E85 and 23-24 PSI running ID1000's with about 50 PSI base pressure (can't recall the pump, probably a 320) and we've gotten it to 126% IDC.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-19-19, 02:18 PM   #2003
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
You're going to want a bigger fuel pump and bump the pressure, or get bigger injectors for a 20G-XT-R on corn.

I have a customer on a 20G XT with E85 and 23-24 PSI running ID1000's with about 50 PSI base pressure (can't recall the pump, probably a 320) and we've gotten it to 126% IDC.

Image Link

Image Link

I’ve heard the 1050x’s were a way better injector than the 1000cc’s. I can definitely do a bigger pump, are there clip in AEM340’s? Don’t really wanna destroy this fuel pump housing for a Walbro 450. But injectors are probably gonna stay cause I don’t really want to drop $900 on 1300cc for an extra 20-30whp(maybe).

Gonna have to do a little research about that. Either way. It’s very close for the jazjuice(nohomo).

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-19-19, 02:43 PM   #2004
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Lol. The ID1050's are a much better injector, but they are marginally bigger. I've got a set of them in my S2000 and ID1300's in the STi.

For a street car, I don't have a problem pushing injectors past 100%, since it's not actually static and probably closer to 80% of what the injector can do.

Kevin ended up doing the Radium drop-in, which I think helps with surge... Haven't looked at the design in awhile. It also give you a bigger jet pump, which is something I swapped (Radium jet pump) into my car.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-19-19, 04:30 PM   #2005
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default yamahaSHO's Street Car - Likely keeping it as a daily!

Quote:
Lol. The ID1050's are a much better injector, but they are marginally bigger. I've got a set of them in my S2000 and ID1300's in the STi.

For a street car, I don't have a problem pushing injectors past 100%, since it's not actually static and probably closer to 80% of what the injector can do.

Kevin ended up doing the Radium drop-in, which I think helps with surge... Haven't looked at the design in awhile. It also give you a bigger jet pump, which is something I swapped (Radium jet pump) into my car.

Yea, I know I wasn’t touching the fuel system at all in the white STI, it was a ID1300/Walbro 450/flexfuel combo. I’m ok with that being the limiting factor in this situation cause I’m still gonna be in the 400whp range.

I’ve seen 400whp 20g STI’s at altitude on a Mustang Dyno, so I’m sea level now. I’m sure it’ll be good.

Also, my problem is, I’m not trying to ball out on parts. Haha, so little things I’m good with. Just not trying to break the bank again. It doesn’t need it currently. Just trying to have a fun DD again.

Also, pretty positive i still have a 450 laying around from last year when I thought my pump died and I snagged that bulk head fitting from you. So that’ll save me some money if I go that route.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-19-19, 04:32 PM   #2006
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Mustang dynos... They're all over the place.

You can get plenty of fun out of that setup. And I can see just how far that fuel system will actually go.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-19-19, 04:37 PM   #2007
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Mustang dynos... They're all over the place.

You can get plenty of fun out of that setup. And I can see just how far that fuel system will actually go.

I mean, for credibility, my sti made 417/427 on E50 on the same dyno my friends 20g STI made 405whp on E. And my STI ran high 11’s at DA4500 on a shiiiitty track.

Also my car was about 2-3 bike lengths behind tuned 600cc R6’s from 30-100mph. So pleeently fast for SF. Hahaha

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-19, 06:40 PM   #2008
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

That's satisfying... Haven't buffed or waxed this in the 10 years I've owned it. But, that's coming very soon!

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 04-21-19 at 02:58 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-23-19, 06:20 PM   #2009
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

I found the source of my oil leak... I determined it was the fitting the last time I tried to fix it. I replaced it with another fitting, steel vs the aluminum one provided by Full-Race. Both where too long for the flare to seal up on the stock end. I picked up a Blouch oil line with adapter, and used just the adapter as it was clearly a proper fit.

Nice to not smell burning oil when it's nice and hot, anymore.

This may have been more apparent to me if I could actually see in there.

I'm glad I utilize map notes as when I went to preload my IWG spring, I could not remember exactly what it was prior. What was set in my head, was not what I posted here. My memory was correct at +7mm preload and I went and took it for a test spin at 9,000 ft ASL and I got it right. I do think I will add another +1mm tonight. It is following target well, as well as my altitude correction. I command ~23 PSI up here, ~26 PSI near sea level (both tested).

Last edited by yamahaSHO; 04-24-19 at 06:14 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-30-19, 05:40 PM   #2010
yamahaSHO
BROtuner

My Subaru Parts for sale

Got lined up for a private track day at Bandimere to do some drag and roll racing. Both me and Leemanfor will be out there to see what the cars do. I am going to go with no expectations as I can't drag race worth a shit and I'm not sure what it will trap.

I also have a SHO coming out that I previously made 500whp on with a stock long block. He swapped in some ID1300's to replace the ID1000's as he was right at the limit, so I have to dial them in prior to the event. I've not run these injectors on a SHO, so I can't just throw in some number and go... And their software is a bit different.

On another note, my avatar has changed...

Likes 4 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement