GR Sedan: 2012 STi, "Natasha" - Page 18 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2012 STi, "Natasha"
2012 STi, "Natasha"
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: 2012 STi, "Natasha"

Old 04-10-19, 07:53 AM   #171
Leemanfor
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: EFR 7163 Turbo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2012 STi, "Natasha"

Tore the block down. pistons are definitely CP's

the rods are actually Eagle H-beams. but one didn't make it. RIP

The crank is trashed too. feels like sandpaper where this rod was attached, which was number 2 rod

also, number 3 rod was so tight I couldn't spin it by hand.

Looking at the bearings, they say "cosworth" on the back and they were all pretty beat up.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 06:42 AM   #172
Leemanfor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Been a bit since I updated this.

Car is still running fine. My Oil pressure gauge decided to wack out on me due to wiring, so I figured I'd redo it all since I still had my Defi boost gauge wiring installed...but no boost gauge.

So i tore it all out,and rewired it. I needed a wideband to tune my daily so I decided to buy an upgrade for the subaru

AEM X-line wideband. thing is tiny! but it works great, and is faster than the old AEM UEGO
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old Today, 06:45 AM   #173
Leemanfor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Been having some cooling issues in the summer too, once I went FMIC. My temps would sit around 210-215 sometimes and when going WOT it would increase up to ~225.

I added a koyorad radiator which helped a bit, but I think airflow is my issue. I dont have my under-guard on and my hoodscoop is open. I plan on either finding an Impreza hood or blocking it with KStech hood scoop, but KStechs response has taken a hit.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old Today, 06:54 AM   #174
Leemanfor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Finally,

I've been having issues with my AF correction being really high. +14% sometimes at idle. I've done numerous boost leaks and found nothing but the car still ran great. Last time I did a leak test in Sept. of last year, I thought I could hear a leak near the turbo but due to the way my intercooler piping goes under my intake manifold I thought it was the air flowing through that.

Yamaha and I are going racing next Friday, so I did a log to be sure everything was peachy. I was not hitting target boost and the car was richer than commanded AFR.

Decided to do another leak test, and this time I took my bumper off and sprayed the entire engine with bubble/water. I doused the entire engine looking for ANY leaks.

well I found a few!

Turns out, the intake manifold -> TGV was leaking pretty good at 20 psi. Subaru says to tighten those bolts to like 8 ft lbs, but apparently that was not enough. I tightened them all again to ~20 ft lbs and the leak was gone.

However I could still hear a leak near the intercooler piping, so I sprayed all around the TGVs and soaked my fuel injectors. I found out both my cylinder 2 and 4 fuel injectors were leaking really badly. FINALLY found the source of my leak.

Jason gave me a few troubleshooting tips, but I could not get the leak to stop.

Unbeknownst to me, IAG says to use 1 8mm spacer between the fuel rail and TGV housings or it can cause a leak. I put the spacers on, retested and still had a leak.

So i said fuck it, and pulled the fuel injector to see if the O-ring was bad. and sure enough...it was

I ordered a bunch from RSD since they are in Utah and its fast shipping, so hopefully by this weekend my car will be leak free and Jason won't shoot me
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old Today, 08:38 AM   #175
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Glad you're getting this sorted and that you're a customer that is diligent on finding and fixing your problem, while understanding that tunes don't just change drastically like that.

I look forward to the drag and roll racing. I am curious to see what the cars do, especially since I have not had yours on a dyno yet. In all accounts, you should beat me... You run a bigger turbo with more boost and it hands on better up top. I do wonder how my first 4 gears will do though... Between 4th and 5th is a huge gap for me.

As for the TGV's, whenever I take them apart, I always put some RTV on both sides of the gasket. I don't think I've had one not leak otherwise. Too bad you have to use spacers on a billet, custom part designed for how you're using it. I also forgot, at the time, that your injectors had those adapters on the bottom. That is why I couldn't understand how you couldn't get it to reseal... The Denso cushions are pretty fool proof.

Hopefully the weather gets nice soon... I'd like to test my new map with more boost before going to the strip.

Last edited by yamahaSHO; Today at 08:42 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement