Who's had NO problems with their STI? - Page 32 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Who's had NO problems with their STI?
Who's had NO problems with their STI?
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Who's had NO problems with their STI?

Old 04-14-19, 08:04 PM   #311
bmxbandit177
Joined the Conversation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

bmxbandit177 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who's had NO problems with their STI?

Never had a problem. 2009 Sri hatch. 62000 km and counting. Love love love this car!!! Keep it simple. Factory package is SOLID. new exhaust. But that's all th mods.

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-19, 09:02 AM   #312
dlheman
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 2011 WRX STI UK-Type
Fav Mod: Those STI flexible parts and IHI VF56
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

dlheman will become famous soon enough

Now that I own my STI for 5 years, I think it is actually a pretty reliable car when kept stock standard for as long as the owner follows the service schedule and fill up the correct 98RON.

And my point of view about stock standard GV STI has dramatically changed. I think stock standard is actually a nice, comfortable and balanced car.

I don’t know if the US spec is any different suspension wise, which I think is not, but my UK Type recommended tire pressure Is 2.3bar front and 1.9bar rear. I know is the same for Japanese model. I say this because if not mistaken the US model recommends 33psi all around which makes it really harsh. When the tire pressure is set as per recommended tire pressure of 2.3bar/1.9bar, much of the complains I had about stock standard suspension is gone.

Now the engine mapping may be a bit different to US model (as I read many says the power delivery sucks), but last night I get to drive a bone stock 2012 STI Uk Type and I even like the way the power is delivered. Since the standard turbo cannot flow much at the top, depending on the tuner, some tune makes it feel worse than standard even though it is on stage 2. This is because the boost is higher but the large increase of power is in the middle and the fun is over at around 5000rpm. It makes the car feels lethargic at low rpm and out of breathe at high rpm. The stock car while not as quick as stage 2 cars feels more linear through the powerband and makes it feels rewarding revving it to max rpm.

And yes that stock standard 2011 STI I drove is problem free. Heck last night it gets its first ever mod and is an oil catch can and AVO Turboworld after MAF intake elbow.

So this car don’t really need much doing to be fun afterall.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 06-02-19, 06:56 AM   #313
Brainer101
Becoming A Contributor

Car: DGM 2012 STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Brainer101 is an unknown quantity at this point

2012 STI with 136,000 km. Dyno tuned at 30,000 km.

My car has been problem free until now. My AC system started leaking in 2016 and yesterday i just noticed a power steering leak and my front strut mounts are worn.

These are the first mechanical problems i have had to date. I did have my driver door rust out from the interior but with some persuasion Subaru fixed that for free outside of warranty.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-20-19, 04:52 AM   #314
DougSTi
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

DougSTi is an unknown quantity at this point

Just hit 100K on my 2012 hatch. Bought it with 27K and it's been almost 100% trouble-free with the exception of one of the air pump valves failing at around 95K. Bought AP, had the air pump system removed, block off plates installed, and deleted air pump codes in the map. Been running Cobb stg 1 since then and the car has been great. My mechanic says that the steering rack is leaking a bit, which at 100K isn't a surprise. 15+ rack upgrade is in the future

Other than normal wear items (brake pads, clutch @ 90K, tires, etc) I haven't had to replace/fix very much. This car is my 6th Subaru (05 WRX, 07 Impreza wagon, 3 Legacys, now the STi) and they've all been extremely reliable.

Last edited by DougSTi; 07-20-19 at 05:10 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement