What are some performance modifications that are reasonably priced for results? - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
What are some performance modifications that are reasonably priced for results?
What are some performance modifications that are reasonably priced for results?
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > What are some performance modifications that are reasonably priced for results?

Old 04-17-19, 06:41 AM   #1
TheOOFer
Joined the Conversation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

TheOOFer is an unknown quantity at this point
Post What are some performance modifications that are reasonably priced for results?

Hello, I am soon getting a WRX STI (blobeye) and I wanted to know if there are any areo kits or parts (diffusers, wings, etc) that are genuinely useful. I dont want to just make it ulra thicc with a widebody kit; I would rather get something that has a proper benefit like wheels tires and suspension. Speaking of which, what would be a good set of tires as well as a nice suspension. Thank you for helping! (I am somewhat new to the Subaru scene)

edit: Forgot I made this post and was having trouble logging in. I was referring to specific inexpensive things that would increase performance that a more experienced person would know of.

Last edited by TheOOFer; 05-13-19 at 07:11 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-19, 08:37 AM   #2
mheyman
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone know genuinely useful mods for a bugeye

It comes with a "nice" suspension. Whether you want it to handle better or just lower you'll make it less "nice", and if it's handling you want you can spend quite a bit doing it.

I'd drive it for a while - at least three months and buy an AP and DP as first mods.

When under-steer really frustrates you, you can decide what you are willing to tolerate, and how much you are willing to spend to the make the car handle.

You could do a short shifter to satisfy an itch to do something in the mean time.

ADDED: From the suggestion of aero, I got the feeling this post/thread was more about aesthetics. But, The OP wrote "useful". Useful to what end? I'm in the useful to performance camp, and my DD, a performance beater proves it

Also change tou thread title. It's confusing. There is no such thing as a US car that started out as a Bug-Eye STI!

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI

Last edited by mheyman; 04-18-19 at 03:53 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-17-19, 09:35 AM   #3
enoxard
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: kung f00 skillz!
My Subaru Parts for sale

enoxard has a spectacular aura aboutenoxard has a spectacular aura about

^^ what he said.. drive it before you spend anything on it.. the aero mods are useless commuting to work and the grocery store.

AP and DP.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-19, 07:13 AM   #4
TheOOFer
Joined the Conversation

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

TheOOFer is an unknown quantity at this point

I was referring to specific inexpensive things that would increase performance that a more experienced person would know of. Sorry for the confusion, it was rushed during a class lesson.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-13-19, 07:27 AM   #5
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: What are some performance modifications that are reasonably priced for results?

If you're not going to the track, there's not much aero that you're going to benefit from. If you want the car to be lower, just skip to quality coilovers so you don't completely loose your ride or peg the bump stops.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-14-19, 04:04 AM   #6
mheyman
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOOFer View Post
I was referring to specific inexpensive things that would increase performance that a more experienced person would know of. Sorry for the confusion, it was rushed during a class lesson.
Then define inexpensive!

Thought I had that covered anyway in writing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheyman View Post
You could do a short shifter to satisfy an itch to do something in the mean time.
I always thought decent Aero was expensive - good Aero is often very expensive.

You own a blob eye. It is old. It will need maintenance. I know. I have owned two. The current one has over 230K on it and it commutes 100mi a day. It gets an oil change like every 6 weeks. If a short shifter is expensive for you, then save your money for decent replacement parts if you do the work yourself, or, um, service; if a shop does it.

If that's the case, find a great shop!

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI

Last edited by mheyman; 05-14-19 at 08:55 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-14-19, 07:56 AM   #7
Jedi03
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: Blue 2009 STi Hatch
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jedi03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What are some performance modifications that are reasonably priced for results?

ALK was awesome, protune, cobb downpipe, kartboy short shifter, better brake pads, theres plenty more but those are fairly inexpensive for what you get imo
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement