Slide
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Carbon Drive Shaft, big brakes front and rear
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Slide is on a distinguished road
Default Fire systems

I know people are going to say "run what your class says to run" but in all reality if you look at the classes, they mostly say 5lb to 10 lb (nascar, nhra and the going over 200 series)...
I assume the larger bottles are to combat blow out from lots of wind at lots of speed...

But that's not really what I'm interested in. At minimum safe craft and fire bottle and fox fire etc say to run 1 nozzle in the surge tank and pump area, one in the driver compartment and one in the engine bay.

When using the fe36 stuff fire bottle say one nozzle anywhere in the cab is sufficient and location doesn't matter as it will fog the cab. Same thing with the engine bay. (3 total)

Safecraft says one nozzle in the dash squirting just above your lap, and tow nozzles in the engine bay and one in the fuel area (4 total)

Firefox I'm still waiting to hear from as well as a couple others.

As for push vs pull handles, the two above companies say use pull, however a racer I know who has gone up twice (call him lucky smokey I guess) says always go with push because it's less to think about, less to do and easier to engage...

Soooooo. What's everyone running? How many nozzles and where did you put them and push or pull start? (Or automatic)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-16, 03:11 PM   #2
jvangelder
Joined the Conversation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

jvangelder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fire systems

Im running a 2.5L AFFF manual system with 1 nozzle aimed at my torso and the second aimed at the turbo / power steering line area. Its a pull style activation with the pull mounted on my cage just above the drivers side window vent.
I have a second pull that the rules dont require im thinking of installing on the passneger side for a corner worker who comes up on that side
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement