IW STi Forum banner

New Fasttrack is out (11/21/08). Street Touring STAC Proposal - Subframe Connectors

514 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  snorky 
#1 · (Edited)
STREET TOURING
- The STAC has recommended the following proposal, which is being published here for member review and feedback: Add a new
subsection 14.2.H as follows (ref. 08-535):
H. Longitudinal (fore-aft) subframe connectors (“SFCs”) are permitted with the following restrictions:
1. They must only connect previously unconnected boxed frame rails on unibody vehicles.
2. Each SFC must attach at no more than three points on the unibody (e.g. front, rear, and one point in between such
as a seat mount brace or rocker box brace).
3. SFCs must be bolted in place and not welded.
4. No cutting of OE subframes or floorpan stampings is permitted. Drilling is permitted for mounting bolts only.
5. No cross-car/lateral/triangulated connections directly between the driver’s side and passenger’s side SFCs are permitted.
Connections to OE components such as tunnel braces or closure panels via bolts are allowed and count as
the third point of attachment. No alteration to the OE components is permitted.
6. SFCs may not be used to attach other components (including but not limited to torque arm front mounts or driveshaft
loops) and may serve no other purpose
I'm not sure I understand this proposal and wanted to discuss. It seems to me that this still doesn't allow any currently offered after market under bracing such as lower arm bar (ladder) braces because they span cross car or connect more than three frame components. No?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.