IW STi Forum banner

IAG built 2008 STi, 35R, Built Motor, 93 oct, 50/50 meth: 502whp DD

8K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  defylogik 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been going to IAG for the past 4 years. They made a masterpiece of a V-band rotated 35R kit (430whp with meth) which I ran for 45,000 miles on the stock motor and on Jorge's stellar tune. After those miles, the stock motor was pulled and the pistons were visually flawless. Now I was bored with the power and got an IAG fully built longblock put in and a whole slew of performance mods.

What can I say, there is no other Subaru shop out there that I trust more than IAG. JJ runs that place like a doctor's clinic. The attentiveness to detail, their professionalism, work ethic, the pride they take in their custom work, punctuality (IAG has the man power and enough skilled technicians to get the job done on time unlike smaller shops out there!), and outstanding customer service puts them at the pinnacle of performance shops and an archetype of how any business should operate. They establish great rapport and trust within their customers which is why I've entrusted them to build, install, and tune my new setup.

Without further ado:

300wtq at 3.6 rpms with all this headwork :)
The midrange and vast area underneath the curve makes daily driving ridiculously exhilarating :D The stock intake manifold and street friendly 272s were left on for that purpose instead of going with Cosworth IM and 280s. The 50/50 meth is mainly for detonation suppression by equalizing the variances in quality of 93 octane we get around here. Meth was also used to accentuate the spool and midrange gains which is where I'm at most of the time. Conversely, I didn't want to go all out with meth at the top rpm ranges for safety which is why boost was tapered and I shift at 7k anyways. Furthermore, less emphasis was placed on the rpm band >7000 rpms (not a quarter mile drag car) because there are no permissible roads to do 140mph pulls on my daily commute lol

(stock STi puts down 225whp)

Dyno graph comparison (stock heads vs. IAG built heads, 272s) to illustrate how much IAG Stage V heads flow; no confounding variables because boost was kept the same as well as the turbo and all other parts of my setup.

idle and revs

quick pull

IAG V-band rotated turbo kit
- GT35R 0.82 Tial V-band housing
- IAG FMIC kit with Spearco core
- IAG 4" Intake
- IAG V-band Uppipe
- IAG V-band Catless Downpipe
- Tial 44mm External Wastegate with open dump
- GT Spec Equal Length Headers V-band with Uppipe
- Harman Motive Catback Exhaust
- Aquamist HFS-6 running Boost Juice (50% methanol/50% water; tincture of meth to suppress detonation and get some chunky midrange)
- Injector Dynamics 2000cc injectors
- Aeromotive 340lph Fuel Pump
- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
- IAG Fuel Rails
- IAG TGV Deletes
- Flipped stock Intake Manifold with retained Air Conditioning
- Cosworth Phenolic Spacers
- Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
- Grimmspeed Thermostat
- Mishimoto Radiator
- Tial Q BOV
- LFR7AIX Spark Plugs
- IAG Catchcan
- Stock Air Pump deleted
- IAT sensor and 4 Bar MAP sensor
- Cobb Accessport Speed Density protuned by Jorge

IAG Stage 2 Bottom End
- Manley Platinum Series 99.5mm Piston Set
- Manley H-Beam Rods
- ACL Main and Rod Bearings
- OEM Nitrided Crank, OEM headgasket
- Killer B Oil Pickup with Baffle
- Gates Racing Timing Belt Kit
- 12,000mile/1year warranty

IAG Stage V Heads
- ARP Head Studs
- Manley Extreme Duty 33mm Exhaust Valve Set
- Manley Race Flow 37mm Intake Valve Set
- Manley Valve Spring and Retainer Kit
- IAG Stage V headwork with Multi Angle Valve Job/Port&Polish
- Kelford Dual AVCS 272/268 11.30/10.50mm Lift Street Cams

with gas mileage better than a Prius

and I pull on them too :)

See less See more
4 5
#12 ·
I have the 93 octane map in my journal but waiting for composite chart with both 93 and meth to compare the two tunes

#20 ·
Time to put that built motor to work! My motor was dyno-broken-in and tuned all out with just 20 miles on it :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.