Non-Subaru: 1974 Datsun 260z - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
1974 Datsun 260z
1974 Datsun 260z
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Non-Subaru: 1974 Datsun 260z

Old 02-29-16, 05:29 AM   #21
GearOnePerformance
Authorized Vendor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

GearOnePerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1974 Datsun 260z

Beautiful car, We're huge fans of the old Datsuns here.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-16, 01:07 PM   #22
rustler753
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: 608whp!
My Subaru Parts for sale

rustler753 will become famous soon enoughrustler753 will become famous soon enough

A lot of progress!

Got the wiring done for the electric fan conversion. Came out pretty neat and clean! I even installed an illuminated override switch in the dash to run the fans whenever I choose or they can run off the thermostat.

Finally got all the suspension cleaned, painted and the stock struts outfitted for the new GC coilover conversion.

Here are the coilovers as they sit now. Also note the fancy Techno Tuning hardware that is starting to appear

Started to install the T3 camber plates, installing these things are the worst. I am literally cutting everything with a dremel.

Also some fatty meats and awesome wheels have arrived

I'll finish the LAST camber plate finally and the rest of the Techno Tuning gear arrived today! I'm really excited as this weekend will hopefully mark final assembly and a running 260z that rose from the grave to be an amazing handling sports car.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-10-16, 06:59 AM   #23
rustler753
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

rustler753 will become famous soon enoughrustler753 will become famous soon enough

So its been a long time since I posted in this build, but I recently did an intro and track day video with my new gopro and tried my hand at some editing. Here is that video and it captures everything the car is up to this point!

1974 Datsun 260z Intro and Track Day (High Plains Raceway) - YouTube
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-16, 05:21 AM   #24
Diode Dynamics
Authorized Vendor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2015 WRX STi
Fav Mod: Tail-As-Turn™
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Diode Dynamics is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Amazing how well this thing is coming together. I can only imagine what a difference your upgrades and restorations have made to the handling.

I was iffy about your decision to plastidip at first, but that color looks amazing, especially in direct sunlight in that video you posted.

Very cool OP, keep up the good work!

Nick C.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-11-16, 07:17 AM   #25
rustler753
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Thanks! The plastidip is still only temporary to save the metal. Long term the car will be fully stripped and painted to a BRE racing livery paint job.

I have larger things in mind, as I recently acquired a very rare LD28 crankshaft and a 280z 2.8L motor. I will be making a 3.2L stroker with triple webers eventually and hope to nearly double the horsepower of the car while still keeping it on the same family straight six!

I am also installing a wideband AFR gauge this weds for my next track day coming up to help with the tuning. I'll post pictures as I go for that too!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-11-16, 10:54 AM   #26
Discobob
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: WRB 09 STI Hatch
Fav Mod: 2015 steering rack:)
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Discobob will become famous soon enough

Daaaaang, oh how I love the older z's One of our long time family friends had a bunch when I was a kid and i have always had a soft spot for them. You just don't see them any more and when you do it's an amazing site!!!!

Last one he had was a 300 turbo anniversary edition with the digi dash and all the cool stuff, being a kid I was always amazed by that car. Now I'm rambling...beautiful car brother!!!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-07-16, 09:44 AM   #27
rustler753
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

It's been awhile so here is an update. Car is being gutted and restored. Current plans are to remove enough weight to bring the total down to 2200lbs. Fiberglass hatch, hood, removed, the heater and AC controllers, blower motor, all insulation, any interior vinyl, no more radio and a braile light weight battery.

This is how she sits now:

I also sourced a LD28 crankshaft and a spare N42/N42 motor and will be moving forward with my 3.2L stroker build that should dyno around 300whp.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement