IW STi Forum banner

#yoloswaps 2JZ in a GC8

GC: 
15K views 57 replies 12 participants last post by  MisterTwo40 
#1 ·

Starting a new members journal for my car, its getting transformed into a new car so I think a new start is a good call. well as the title states the goal is to put a 2jz into my gc8. Im bored with the ej series and awd and they wont meet my goals so I kinda see this as the end game swap to be happy with my car finally. Also I just started a shop this year so the shop car cant be built by some other shop lol. I am though working with a very good friend of mine who opened a fabrication shop as well being I have not learned to weld yet and this project is going to require just a wee bit of that lol. Ill post links to our facebooks and instagram later on as im terrible at updating threads but my ig is usually the easy solution... you can check my instagrams @Mistertwo40 or @oneninemotorworks. On facebook the same and my buddys fab shop is Ring Leader Racing.

As is im still shopping around for a good deal on a 2j swap with a 6 speed a friend of mine had a spare n/a drivetrain im borrowing so we can start cutting and chopping and making mounts. Over the weekend I finished stripping the car and we pulled the 2j and brought the shell to my buddys shop up in mass where well be working on it.

The current goal is to just get it in and running by h2o this year and after that strip it down again and go bananas. ... time is against us so pending how it goes determines how much we can squeeze in by then.

See less See more
#32 ·
Ok so disnt make it to h2o lol but were close got stuck up on a bunch of parts needed bearings and a hub specifically which wasnt anywhere remotely in the area... the axles are all set the advanced auto remans actually had what I needed in them... in other news my vanity plate showed up

And heres one from H2oi

Sent from WildSteves mangina.

#33 ·
how the hell did they manage to do that!?!?

#36 ·
that stance without a wheel though.

#37 ·
that interior fabrication is causing me to have feelings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.