Non-Subaru: 2007 Lotus Exige S Aspen White - Page 19 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2007 Lotus Exige S Aspen White
2007 Lotus Exige S Aspen White
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Non-Subaru: 2007 Lotus Exige S Aspen White

Old 02-26-16, 06:22 PM   #181
LaW
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

LaW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2007 Lotus Exige S Aspen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by talnoh2o View Post
Been doing ok. Thinking about a house but nothing is jumping out at me. Bought a bunch of oswald parts to put on once it gets warmer. Subframe, and both bumpers. Trying to talk one of my friends into putting a lift in his garage. I think he will, but I will have to do general work on his vette. Debating rebuilding the brembos before the track.

Are you doing your own tuning?
Yeah the plan is to do the tuning myself. There shouldn't be much to tweak honestly as I will have base numbers for the new MAF tube, injectors/pump. My friend will help me if I run into anything major.

So its just a matter of tweaking a few tables and turning off some codes. I have full access to the ecu basically just cost me a bit in licensing for the software. There are also not many mod combinations for the car so baselines are easier to get.

I have some money sitting around. I think next year I am going to take a serious look at picking up the GT350 love that car. Not in the cards until I can get a good year on track again. Also with the new house have to get the landscaping/kitchen and back patio done for the Mrs...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-16, 08:20 PM   #182
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW View Post
Where is it? Link? When do you run? I am trying to shop for trailers right now. I really want an enclosed but I am having a hard time justifying the 4x price vs a decent open (steel or aluminum used).
Mid America Motorplex Welcome

I think we might be planning on a Fast Friday on the 15th of April. I can offer up a place to stay as I live 10 minutes from the track.

I hear you on the trailer. I really wanted and enclosed, but the price I paid for my open trailer was just too tempting.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-26-16, 08:29 PM   #183
LaW
Advanced Mastery Level V

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Mid America Motorplex Welcome

I think we might be planning on a Fast Friday on the 15th of April. I can offer up a place to stay as I live 10 minutes from the track.

I hear you on the trailer. I really wanted and enclosed, but the price I paid for my open trailer was just too tempting.
The way things move in the Lotus world I will be LUCKY to get my header by then. Plan was to send it to swaintech then but given the time of year i'm going to just make a heatshield. I also have to pray I don't repeat my cooling system issues from last season. System SEEMS free of any leaks so as long as I can work the air out of the system this time I should be good.

That looks like a fun place! Where are you moving to? The whole thought on the enclosed for me is security at hotels etc but who knows. Looked at the drive for that one and at under 8 hours its not too bad.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-16, 08:39 PM   #184
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

It's a decent track. It's really catered to higher power cars, but I still manage to run most of them down. You can run with a stock header.

Yeah, I'd love an enclosed trailer for many reasons, I just can't bring myself to pay $8k+ for one.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-27-16, 03:57 AM   #185
LaW
Advanced Mastery Level V

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
It's a decent track. It's really catered to higher power cars, but I still manage to run most of them down. You can run with a stock header.

Yeah, I'd love an enclosed trailer for many reasons, I just can't bring myself to pay $8k+ for one.
Yeah my friends argue that you paid XX$$$ for a Lotus but they don't realize I probably paid XX$$ more for that damn STI and I am no better off but think the Enclosed is just a tiny drop in the bucket.

The STI was the best lesson in financial don'ts?

I was all over the board this winter on other cars to try. Looked really hard at Spec Z to maybe get into some w2w but gave up on that since you kind of need people to help you on race weekends and I don't know reliable people

A friend of mine (cycluraman) picked up a LS3 RX-7 Race car a few weeks ago, I am hoping he can get that on track it is full blown race car. (Was featured in Dsport I think)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-12-16, 12:33 PM   #186
LaW
Advanced Mastery Level V

My Subaru Parts for sale

Been a long time... I have made it out to 2 track weekends this year, here is a lap from this past weekend at RA. Still getting comfortable with the car unfortunately since I didn't run much last year.

I picked up a trailer this summer finally so hope to get away from the state a bit more (maybe next year)

Remaining events at Blackhawk Farms in August and Gingerman in October (Maybe one more Road America weekend in October)

Road America
2:39.3 with some understeer and lifting at the line. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/v/l7J8-T8RSsw
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-15-17, 09:23 AM   #187
LaW
Advanced Mastery Level V

My Subaru Parts for sale

It has been a while. How is IWSTI these days? I find myself looking at the for sale section a lot to see if my old car pops up again.

Did some brake upgrades (wilwood front setup and moved fronts to rear) and have gotten out a few times but had to cancel a bunch of weekends due to weather

When you start getting these cars going the ABS system becomes an issue. The dreaded "Ice mode" gets induced quite a bit now. I might start running without ABS in the dry.

Got my lap times into the 1'19.5-1'19.9 range at Blackhawk Farms, over 2 seconds faster than when I was still getting acclimated in the car. Still some time on the table but this car has been great. Approaching 2k track miles now and apart from me spending money for no reason it has been fairly inexpensive to run.

Here is a lap from last BHF weekend and 2nd lap I had unexpected hard pedal (ice mode) into the last corner... Only solution is to fully lift and re-apply and I didn't leave myself any room for that

https://www.youtube.com/v/JqkfGowD4WE

I also picked up a BMW M2, only had a 7 month wait to get one. I am kind of torn on this car though after 3k miles. It is not a bad car but I don't feel it is stiff/raw enough and the aftermarket prices I was not ready for. So it is good and bad.

We have thought of selling it already and maybe getting a race car (SRF, SM, S2k or something) and ND miata for the wife.

Garage is coming along nicely, finally picked up a Dannmar MX-6 (max jack) and have budget to do flooring and cabinets etc.

Last edited by LaW; 09-15-17 at 09:27 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement