IW STi Forum banner

Pics and questions on SWP hatch with older Bronze BBS's

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  qingshan 
#1 ·
We are expecting our new 13 SWP hatch just before winter hits. I am looking for some input on the look and fit of the older BBS's. I found a set close to me that have a fresh bronze powder coat. I like bronze on the SWP alot!.

Does anyone have a pic a white hatch with at least the goldies? I am afraid the wheel will look too small for the car.

Is this a good wheel for a winter set? If I get Blizzaks or something else you recommend what is the best size and model for this wheel? Any ideas on price?

#2 ·
I have a set of the older BBS's for my winter wheels. Looks awesome. I painted mine gunmetal because that's the look I was after. I've seen gold/bronze and they look good too.

God my old camera took horrible pictures....

Tires are Gislaved NordFrost 5 in 225/50/17 and the fit is perfect. I have no suspension mods, but I believe that they are the exact same dimensions as stock, just slightly narrower.

#4 ·
Thanks for the comments. I went ahead and bought them. 500 with a fresh powder coat. Now I need to pick tires. Is it all preference on tires at this point or is there a certain size tire that will fit the wheel best? What did you get those Nordfrost's for?

#5 ·
You'll want to find something reasonably close to the same diameter as stock. As far as which ones to get, that depends on how harsh your winter is and how you drive. Check out the winter tire thread for more info on different tires. I got the nordfrost's from a local shop up here in Canada for a bit over $600 installed.

#6 ·
Thanks. I will take a look at what our local dealers can offer. We get snow about once every two weeks or during winter and it lasts for a few days each time. I think that warrents winter dedicated. Do they offer winter/performace so on a dry day you dont totally destroy them?

BTW I like your gunmetal on white. Ill post pics of our winter setup in a couple months when the car arrives.

#7 ·
A little late to the party but here ya go!

Freshly washed and opticoated. 2013 only 5 weeks old. Still a baby...

This is my winter setup and the wheels are wrapped in Blizzak LM-60's. Don't recall the exact size but I can get that info for you if you need it.

Hope this helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.