Intermittent Vibration; Steering wheel Shakes - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Intermittent Vibration; Steering wheel Shakes
Intermittent Vibration; Steering wheel Shakes
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > Intermittent Vibration; Steering wheel Shakes

Old 05-03-19, 02:12 PM   #1
NastyLuv
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: OBP 2010 GR STI SE
Fav Mod: OEM Rubber Floormats
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

NastyLuv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Intermittent Vibration; Steering wheel Shakes

Hey guys/gals, I doubt many remember or read my post about getting T-boned when someone ran a red light and hit me in the drivers side front, but I have recently gotten my car back from repairs and I am experiencing some issues.

While at low speed I can hear and somewhat feel an intermittent vibration/noise that seems to come from the front end of the car. I cant' really be sure though. I can hear it more than I can feel it until I reach highway speeds at which point the steering wheel is shaking and vibrating pretty consistently accompanied by the intermittent noise. Best way I can describe the noise at 70mph is whhhhhooooaaaaa.... pause... count to 3... whhhmmmmooooaaaa...

Very odd. I'm prepared to take it back in for repairs as there are a few small outstanding issues with the bodywork as well, but I would like to diagnose the possibilities if I can. Any thanks are appreciated. I'm personally leaning toward a cracked wheel, or possibly a bent CV axle. Let me know what you all think it could be please?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-19, 02:16 PM   #2
NastyLuv
Silver Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Intermittent Vibration; Steering wheel Shakes

It's very odd to me that it was "repaired" and yet I have so many issues now with a car I recently did a lot of work to get back to road ready for the current mileage. All my current issues are post repair and were not there prior the work. She is almost to 100k and I've recently did the timing belt/pulleys, killer b pickup, Group N motor mounts, 2015 steering rack, Cusco brace, Stainless front lines, flush and replace brake fluid with the Redline stuff, and I also replaced my power steering pump and all lines. All work was done prior to the wreck and she was running and driving great before I got T-boned. It's a 2010 hatchback SE if you're wondering.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-03-19, 03:37 PM   #3
NastyLuv
Silver Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Fellas, I've had this car since 2012 and I've always done all my own work when possible. Any help is appreciated.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-19, 03:34 AM   #4
Jay11STI
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: 2011 SWP STi Sedan
Fav Mod: EWG & The Look On Your Face
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jay11STI has a spectacular aura aboutJay11STI has a spectacular aura about

Have you checked the wheels for any bends on the inside? Given the mileage of the car and the severity of the accident, it may be time for wheel bearings and hubs. A bad axle also cant be ruled out.

Was an alignment done on the car after repairs?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-14-19, 08:15 AM   #5
Jedi03
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: Blue 2009 STi Hatch
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jedi03 is an unknown quantity at this point

also could have cracked a bushing or warped the tire/damaged the tire causing separation internally...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement