Complete S206 chassis enhancement parts + Rigid Collar + STI Lateral Link review - Page 14 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Complete S206 chassis enhancement parts + Rigid Collar + STI Lateral Link review
Complete S206 chassis enhancement parts + Rigid Collar + STI Lateral Link review
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > Complete S206 chassis enhancement parts + Rigid Collar + STI Lateral Link review

Old 04-08-16, 04:06 AM   #131
ReiDetailing
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Fav Mod: Greddy SE Exhaust
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

ReiDetailing has a spectacular aura aboutReiDetailing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Complete S206 chassis enhancement parts + Rigid Collar + STI Lateral Link review

I'm guessing though that these solid MSI bushings would do the job as the rigid collars and rear subframe all in one?
Solid Rear Subframe Inserts | Chassis | MooreSport
"These solid inserts will significantly reduce the amount of movement from the rear subframe, where all suspension points mount. This improves feel and consistency in the suspension geometry."
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-16, 05:54 PM   #132
dlheman
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 2011 WRX STI UK-Type
Fav Mod: S206 NBR chassis package and R205 Spec-C VF56 twinscroll turbo.
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

dlheman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Complete S206 chassis enhancement parts + Rigid Collar + STI Lateral Link review

Bushings and rigid collar don't do the same thing.

Rigid collar fills up the void of the subframe hole where the bolt is inserted into as the hole is larger than the bolt. Likewise the rigid collar fills up the bolt hole on the chassis. This way the chassis will always stays at its center point and will not shift around.

The sti rear subframe is designed to flex through the bushing, and that is why superpro and whiteline subframe bushing inserts are designed to limit the flex movement for better traction and response.

MSI solid bushing will completely stop the rear subframe to flex but if the hole for the bolt is still larger than the bolt then one day the subframe will still shift.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 06-08-16, 12:04 PM   #133
Chiba
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Chiba is on a distinguished road

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, but does anyone have the kit installed and lives in a snowy environment?

I ask because the Flexible lower Stiffener Rods looks fairly thin I am worried the rust will eat through it very fast, and may get damaged from chunks of snow/ice.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-16, 03:11 PM   #134
WhiteLight
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: 04Foz, 16STi
Fav Mod: GroupN all the things!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

WhiteLight is on a distinguished road

I have a 2016 STi and I've been looking for S207 parts. I've only found the front draw stiffener, flexible upper bar, and rear flexible brace so far..
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-30-17, 07:22 PM   #135
J168
Joined the Conversation

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

J168 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLight View Post
I have a 2016 STi and I've been looking for S207 parts. I've only found the front draw stiffener, flexible upper bar, and rear flexible brace so far..
Did you find the lateral link set? Subispeed has it.

STI Japan Lateral Link Set (LCAs + Toe Arms) - 2015+ WRX / 2015+ STI
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-31-17, 01:07 PM   #136
tylerlieberman
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: Seat Time
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nicetylerlieberman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by J168 View Post
Did you find the lateral link set? Subispeed has it.

STI Japan Lateral Link Set (LCAs + Toe Arms) - 2015+ WRX / 2015+ STI
I just can't justify spending that much money for arms that offer no additional camber/toe adjustment than the OEM units.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-22-19, 06:28 PM   #137
dlheman
Advanced Contributor Level 5

Car: 2011 WRX STI UK-Type
Fav Mod: S206 NBR chassis package and R205 Spec-C VF56 twinscroll turbo.
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

dlheman will become famous soon enough

Bringing this back from the dead.

Since I have to remove my steering rack for reseal and repair, I took this as the opportunity to replace other nuts and bolts especially the swaybar bolts and the subframe bolts as I had them removed to install the Rigid Collars years ago - which I am told I actually had to replace the subframe bolt as it is a one time use only.

Well that looks crap...

Time for the specific rear subframe bolt for the S206:

Not only it is longer, but you can see the un-threaded section of the bolt is also thicker while the standard bolt's thickest section is at the bottom part only.

Parts required x 2

On the S206 it is fitted on the flexible arm support (or whatever it is called):

But I went ahead and decided to replace all four of the rear subframe bolt with the S206 item:

The result is even more rigid rear frame, more pleasant rear suspension control, but is also worsen NVH (this i think is because the use of 4 bolts instead of 2 on the specific area Subaru intended) in the boot area; exhaust hum and some panel rattles (now I do have empty boot and some stuff in there, and no spare tires).

So if you have to replace your rear subframe bolts; then consider these as upgrades which goes really well with rigid collar and rear subfame bushing insert modifications.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement