2011 sedan wheel alignment.. - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2011 sedan wheel alignment..
2011 sedan wheel alignment..
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > 2011 sedan wheel alignment..

Old 01-24-11, 02:25 PM   #1
Dagz
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dagz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2011 sedan wheel alignment..

hey guys,

Been trying to find some info, but couldn't find in specific what I was looking for. When spring times comes around, Im gonna be putting back my stock summer rims and tires and wanted to know if you guys have an alternative wheel alignment specs. It is my DD and occasional weekend track days. Do you guys use the stock alignment or have a different setup.

thanks again and if you have any helpful opinions let me know

cheers
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-11, 05:57 PM   #2
STIdad
Developing Advanced Mastery

Car: 2013 S4
Fav Mod: I miss my STI, but not that much :)
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STIdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2011 sedan wheel alignment..

Most of what I've seen on the board is to max out camber in the front, 0 toe all around. There's other options if you start modding suspension such as rear camber bolts, etc.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 01-24-11, 07:28 PM   #3
talsnic
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: GRB STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

talsnic is an unknown quantity at this point

the only adjustable items are front camber, and toe front/rear.

everyone will recommend maxing the front camber, and running 0 toe on all 4 corners.

on 07 and older, a person could add camber bolts to the rear, but on the GR, you have to press in either powerflex or Whiteline cam style bushings.

on the front you can add an aftermarket camber bolt to the lower bolt hole on the front to get more camber.

in any of these options, dont worry about having the added camber. even in the 6 months of winter here, i dont have much problems with -2 front and rear.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-11, 10:39 PM   #4
Dagz

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dagz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by talsnic View Post
the only adjustable items are front camber, and toe front/rear.

everyone will recommend maxing the front camber, and running 0 toe on all 4 corners.

on 07 and older, a person could add camber bolts to the rear, but on the GR, you have to press in either powerflex or Whiteline cam style bushings.

on the front you can add an aftermarket camber bolt to the lower bolt hole on the front to get more camber.

in any of these options, dont worry about having the added camber. even in the 6 months of winter here, i dont have much problems with -2 front and rear.

Im gonna have stock wheels and rims for summer (245/40/18 ---- 18x8.5 + 55 offset) and my winter setup are Rota rims with 225/45/17 17x8 +48 (if I remember correctly the offset) It is my daily driver.. I am lookin for a sharper handling with less understeer but at the same time looking for a balance for tire life.. Still on stock rubber Dunlops. occasional track days.

would this be ok in terms of alignment? 0 toe all four corners and -2 camber in the front? From what I get thats all I can change in stock form.. cat modify the camber in the rear and no caster at all.

extra info wud be usefull.. thanks again guys
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-22-11, 06:12 AM   #5
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Fav Mod: HPDE
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

101101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Subscribing as I was just wondering the same thing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-22-11, 07:24 AM   #6
Socko
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: 03 Z06
Fav Mod: Not checking my oil every day!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Socko is an unknown quantity at this point

I got front camber bolts for the bottom hole and maxed them out per the nasioc thread. Then went and got an alignment to -2.1/-1.3. (I know -2.4 showed upw hen he was turning the bolt so there was a bit more left) my stock alignment was -.4ish/-1.3 with tons of toe in(.43/.24 in teh front wtf?). with the bolts before alignment i was at -1.3/-1.3 with a bunch of toe in that made the car lethargic on turn in but still pretty oversteery with the rear bar on stiff. On the track i really appreciated the -2.1/-1.3 setup, but honestly for the street I dont feel its needed. With the heavy rearward bias of our stock springs i had to loosen my rear sway up all the way to get some balance. I am planning to pull the camber bolts and run -1.3ish/-1.3 when i switch back to winters. Personally I tend to shoot for a tiny bit of positive toe. I tell my guy to go for 0 but error on the side of positive so i generally end up with .01-.02 positive total toe.

this setup makes me happy. required camber is to some degree a function of your tires, how you drive, and other suspension functions. I had to run tons of front camber on my bugeye wrx to not destroy the outside of my tires. That issue just doesnt seem to occur on the sti. Possibly relative to caster? The outside inch of my 275's was fairly untouched until i put the car on the track. The molding bumps are still there on the treadface where it meets the sidewall so there is NO rollover with my tire pressure/ camber/suspension/driving setup.

Last edited by Socko; 08-22-11 at 07:28 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-22-11, 09:53 AM   #7
V10Climber
Donating Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: DGM 08 STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

V10Climber is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagz View Post
Im gonna have stock wheels and rims for summer (245/40/18 ---- 18x8.5 + 55 offset) and my winter setup are Rota rims with 225/45/17 17x8 +48 (if I remember correctly the offset) It is my daily driver.. I am lookin for a sharper handling with less understeer but at the same time looking for a balance for tire life.. Still on stock rubber Dunlops. occasional track days.

would this be ok in terms of alignment? 0 toe all four corners and -2 camber in the front? From what I get thats all I can change in stock form.. cat modify the camber in the rear and no caster at all.

extra info wud be usefull.. thanks again guys
You won't get -2 of camber in the front without aftermarket camber bolts. Most you will get out of the stock setup is probably -1.5. Other than that you've got the idea. Run 0 deg of toe all around and have them max the negative camber.

Oh and I run about -1.3 in the front on stock size Dunlop star specs and don't have any problems rolling over the tires at auto-x. Just have to make sure you're running enough tire pressure to keep them from rolling.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-22-11, 11:40 AM   #8
uncle_w
Advanced Mastery Level I

Car: '09 STI
Fav Mod: No Debt
My Subaru Parts for sale

uncle_w is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socko View Post
required camber is to some degree a function of your tires, how you drive, and other suspension functions.
This. Tell your alignment tech your needs and importantly your driving habits and they'll be able to give you a better idea of a good compromise.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-10-19, 08:57 AM   #9
RockyMtnKevin

Car: 2011 STI 4dr Dk Blue
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

RockyMtnKevin is an unknown quantity at this point

I just installed the Ohlins street & track coilovers, Whiteline 24mm swaybars, and other adjustable Whiteline parts like rear lower control arms & the caster adjustable puck bushing replacement on front lower control arms. I have an alignment appointment this afternoon & looking for advice on what alignment specs would be optimal for a car that is daily driven yet also gets alot of track use as I have access to a racetrack 24/7.

I posted the above yesterday in a different area & no responses. From what I read in your guys posts it seems like maybe I should go for 0° Toe F&R & -1.5 Camber F&R?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement