GR Sedan: Amaterasu (2012 STi) - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Amaterasu (2012 STi)
Amaterasu (2012 STi)
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: Amaterasu (2012 STi)

Old 07-14-18, 01:43 PM   #11
Cmdr_Madden
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: White '12 STi Sedan
Fav Mod: Nameless axlebacks
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Cmdr_Madden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Amaterasu (2012 STi)

Small update but I got my hands on some red "piping" or whatever it is, and I jammed it in the front of my grille. Just a small cosmetic update that I thought looked good on other cars. I still have alot leftover so I'm trying to find different places to put it. I had the moron-idea of putting it in the gap around the perimeter of the hood scoop. Just, no.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-18, 12:06 PM   #12
Cmdr_Madden
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

So just a quick update, brought the car in for an oil change and I ended up getting the alternator belt and VVT AVCS solonoid replaced as well (they were both starting to go and the solonoid was actually leaking pretty good)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-25-18, 03:35 PM   #13
Cmdr_Madden
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bought a Cobb SF intake (no air box) on kijiji to replace my K&N typhoon (or so I thought, because it turned out the intake I had installed was actually an AEM; for which Cobb defenitely has OTS maps available for the accessport)

Cobb SF installed

The old intake

whoops

So I definitely didn't have to go out and buy a new intake but I got one so now I'm one intake heavy. Fun fact: not having the Cobb air box would usually mean that the intake is going to do nothing but suck in hot air from the engine bay but since the AEM went down and in behind the fender, I have a gigantic hole which feeds cold air into the engine bay, now while idling, yes the intake temp goes up but while I'm at speed, it's coming in at the perfect temperature. I'm still getting the air box though, I don't like that high idle temperature.

I'm just upset because knowing now that I have an AEM, means that I've been running the wrong map this whole time, also because I could have sorted this all out by spending $10 instead of $160. Welp

Also, my 4th brake light stopped working, gotta track that down and get it working again, I don't wanna be some non-4th brake light pleb, rolling down the road, being unsafe. *EDIT* it works again. Also I backed into a curb and ripped out the passengers side rear mudflap but Rally Armour is awesome, I just slapped it back in and it's good as new again

Last edited by Cmdr_Madden; 08-29-18 at 04:32 PM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-18, 04:05 PM   #14
Cmdr_Madden
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

installed my dash cam properly today finally, no more 12v lighter being taken up. used one of those hardwire kits off amazon and the hardest part was trying to remember where the video I had watched 6 months ago, told me to put the ground in.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-26-18, 08:46 AM   #15
Cmdr_Madden
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Aaaaand my LED low beams shit the bed (well at least one of them did), heat cracked and it went blue for a couple of days and then one morning I got to the car and the light was completely dead. So i had to go out and buy some *gag* halogens. Got a set of Sylvannias in there right now but I'm going to see what the company can do about the lights because I've had them in for like, not even 3 months.

Can you tell which one's the broken one?

Not a big fan of that look. Even less of a fan of the halogens.

The same day that the light burned out was the day of the East Coast Subaru Fall Rumble which was up at Symmetrical Autoworks, won a couple of Tshirts and i even got to put the beast on the dyno.

219whp /248tq. less than I wanted but at the same time, I didn't blow up on the dyno so I call that the ultimate win.

Last edited by Cmdr_Madden; 09-26-18 at 08:52 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-01-19, 03:32 PM   #16
Cmdr_Madden
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Been a while since updating, started getting some noises here and there so I had to deal with those a couple of days ago finally. Was getting a squealing noise whenever the car started up (I was correct in thinking that it was the PS/alternator belt; replaced it and the noise was no more); started getting noises from the brakes and reduced braking power so I replaced the pads and it took me and a buddy 3 hours of bashing and smashing to get the pads out of the front driver's side. The other ones went relatively easily but it was a chore. Thankfully the new Sport Tech pads solved my brake problem.

All that leaves is the noise coming from the ball joint in the back passenger side.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-27-19, 01:09 PM   #17
Cmdr_Madden
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

It's been a while but haven't been up to much so not really anything to write about. Replaced the upstream O2 sensor a couple of weeks ago, found out that the rear sway bar bushing on the passenger's side and the front tie rod endlink on the passengers side both need to be replaced but that can wait a little bit. Also recently I've really been noticing the stumble at 3k so I think the next thing on the list is the fuel pressure regulator and maybe the lines (we'll see)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement