GR Sedan: Shrek | 2011 Satin White Pearl STI - 337WHP/386WTQ/22PSI/ACN91 - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Shrek | 2011 Satin White Pearl STI - 337WHP/386WTQ/22PSI/ACN91
Shrek | 2011 Satin White Pearl STI - 337WHP/386WTQ/22PSI/ACN91
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: Shrek | 2011 Satin White Pearl STI - 337WHP/386WTQ/22PSI/ACN91

Old 01-23-18, 04:39 PM   #11
richshallcross
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

richshallcross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shrek | 2011 Satin White Pearl STI

Review: Crawford Performance TMIC (V3) Air/Oil Separator
Link: Air Oil Separator (V3) Dual Chamber AOS - Crawford Performance – Tagged "Subaru-STI-2011"

*Disclaimer, this review is purely based off the experience I had with this product and my specific build, your modifications and specifics might differ.

I have found that installation of this product without using the stock intercooler and possibly because of the use of a bigger than stock turbo & turbo inlet yields high amounts of crankcase pressure. Enough pressure to cause the pressure in the oil pan to build up, which no longer allows the oil to drain from the turbo properly because the crank case is pressurized. My results where high amounts of, "007 James Bond" smoke out the tailpipes...

To still maintain the much needed function of an AOS system I have made the adjustment to go with the, IAG AOS system. One of the many added perks with this system in comparison to the Crawford is that each engine port (3) total receives its own connection to the AOS. Each engine port having its own entrance to the AOS allows more effective and faster excavation of crankcase pressure.

You can find more information on the IAG AOS system on their website here:
IAG Performance Competition Series AOS Air / Oil Separator For 2008-14 Subaru WRX, 2008-18 STI and 2009-13 Forester XT

I hope this information helps someone, and ultimately saves them money if your running a similar setup.

Last edited by richshallcross; 10-30-18 at 02:59 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-18, 03:08 PM   #12
richshallcross
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

337WHP | 386WTQ | 22PSI | ACN91:
I am very happy to finally share a dyno chart showcasing my latest build!
*A little disclaimer about me and these dyno charts: I'm not one to obsess over these charts & their numbers as I know all dyno's and their reading differ from one another. We have things like the 'type' of dyno, the calibration of that dyno, weather, etc. etc.

Now, for you skeptics out there saying I should be making more power , this chart represents a safe/reliable tune for my daily driver.
This motor we built can handle a lot more power, however my goal was to build a strong reliable motor that I could grow into if I do so choose to down the road. I must say this current tune has some very angry torque in the low end for the occasional weekend twisties. Having this first dyno chart is great for the fact that if I ever do decide to add more power I will then at least know how the motor is responding to those changes as I will be testing on the same dyno this tune below was created on.

I must say, ohh... how I love our beautiful California 91 octane, haha!

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 01-07-19, 04:07 PM   #13
richshallcross
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

New Year Upgrades!
The new year brings in some new goodies in the form of drivetrain upgrades!

I'm still kicking myself in the butt for forgetting to add these things when I had the motor out, but so much was going on at that time these upgrades got a little lost in the shuffle...

Now that I have the following, I am looking forward to getting these installed in the coming weeks!

Looking forward to what I think will be a good mix between daily driving functionality and performance reliability.
  • Group N Engine Mounts
  • Super Pro Pitch Stop Mount
  • Group N Transmission Mount
  • Super Pro Gearbox Cross Member Isolator Mounts
  • Whiteline Rear Differential Positive Power Kit Inserts

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-19, 07:10 PM   #14
richshallcross
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

New Photos!
I have finally posted some photos of how the car sits as of now on the first page's post!

Go check them out and let me know what you think! I have more on the way, but figured I would post what I have ready now and release more as I get to them.

Enjoy!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-20-19, 08:24 AM   #15
Leemanfor
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: EFR 7163 Turbo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura about

those seem like good power numbers for cali 91 octane and a dom 1.5xtr on a mustang dyno.

car looks really good. SWP mafia! haha
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-20-19, 09:08 AM   #16
richshallcross
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemanfor View Post
those seem like good power numbers for cali 91 octane and a dom 1.5xtr on a mustang dyno.

car looks really good. SWP mafia! haha

SWP mafia! Haha... SWP for life!

Yeah, this car has a lot more power for sure w/ really not that much extra cash if desired. Heck even some E85 with this setup will give a real nice boost in the seat.

Thanks man! I checked out your build, pretty impressive - I love how you got your hands dirty in doing what seems to me all the work yourself? Nice one! Keep it up.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-20-19, 10:11 AM   #17
Leemanfor
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: EFR 7163 Turbo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by richshallcross View Post

Yeah, this car has a lot more power for sure w/ really not that much extra cash if desired. Heck even some E85 with this setup will give a real nice boost in the seat.

Thanks man! I checked out your build, pretty impressive - I love how you got your hands dirty in doing what seems to me all the work yourself? Nice one! Keep it up.

Yep. I did everything myself, minus the tuning.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-27-19, 07:06 PM   #18
richshallcross
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Shrek | 2011 Satin White Pearl STI - 337WHP/386WTQ/22PSI/ACN91

Review: New Year Drivetrain Upgrades
Link: (click here for previous post of listed parts installed)

I gave myself a few weeks of daily driving and a couple pulls here and there before writing this review. In addition to the previous post's list of parts (click the linked text above) I have also added the following, Cobb Subaru 6-Speed Front & Rear Shifter Bushings on the day of install, and boyy am I happy I did!

I will be perfectly honest, if and when I do another one of these builds this will no doubt be the first mod I ever do to one of these Subaru's! I was at first a little on the fence as to what motor mounts specifically I should choose as I do daily drive this vehicle to and from work in LA traffic. I needed something to handle to power and torque of my current tune, but also not feel like I have to turn the radio up to max just to hear anything!

This combination setup truly is what I feel is meant for anyone wanting to have an enjoyable DD, but also having the right amount of rigid support to handle the weekend twisties. The Group N mounts not only give me piece of mind knowing that my motor isn't going anywhere, but also the trans mount to the diff inserts get rid of that ugly slop while also as a bonus giving the perfect amount of gear whine IMO that I feel wakes up what I believe a Subaru should sound like coasting down any incline or up to any red light and the 50 bucks or so for shifter bushings... co-mon man, I can't believe I even liked shifting the car at all with those stock bushing in there, but you really don't know until you drive someone else's car or do this for yourself to find out.

Hopefully after reading this you might consider doing this mod first! I promise you won't regret it as it honestly feels/sounds like a totally different vehicle after doing so.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-29-19, 09:32 PM   #19
tylerandreas
Developing Advanced Mastery

Fav Mod: Wingless
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by richshallcross View Post

There are a lot of us that have built our own cars. That is one of the reasons I got on the forums. When I went through my built I definitely hit a few "wtf am I doing" moments but the forums always came in to save my ass when I'd post an update in my threads.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-29-19, 10:38 PM   #20
richshallcross
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Shrek | 2011 Satin White Pearl STI - 337WHP/386WTQ/22PSI/ACN91

Oh hell yeah, we all have said that before.. I remember wayy back then it feels like when I cracked my first block open saying the same thing... At that time tho all I had was my big ol' repair manual book and a very knowledgeable neighbor willing to help me out! I'm happy he did tho haha!

It's been awhile since checking out your thread, I think I remember seeing you sold the subie!? Is that right?

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement