GR Sedan: Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi - Page 56 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi
Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

Old 04-11-19, 06:35 AM   #551
Leemanfor
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: EFR 7163 Turbo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandreas View Post
I haaate straight pipes Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

The white sti was Catless with a Q300 with 80k miles on it, and tomei EL headers. It was loud as balls at WOT. But under normal driving conditions it was pretty tame. I really miss that sound honestly.

Once I get this bitch registered here in CA I’ll find some coilovers and maybe wheels.

Also, paint is pretty rough. Debating on taking on the project of paint correction myself. I grew up in a body shop, but idk how much clear is gonna need cut off as it’s pretty swirled up. So not sure I want to invest the time in it and just have a professional fix her up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dude it was so loud. at first I was like. fuck yeah

then about 6 months later I was tired of it lol
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-19, 06:38 AM   #552
tylerandreas
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: Wingless
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
Hehe

People keep running into my car, literally, I almost don't even want to have it fixed now.

Wait, is your car down? Did I miss something? Or are you just scratching it to hell cause you’re a terrible person. Lolz

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-19, 06:38 AM   #553
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemanfor View Post
dude it was so loud. at first I was like. fuck yeah

then about 6 months later I was tired of it lol

Jesus Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi maybe if it was a v8 I’d feel different. But probably not.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-19, 07:13 AM   #554
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Wait, is your car down? Did I miss something? Or are you just scratching it to hell cause you’re a terrible person. Lolz

I got hit and run on twice last year. So I just figure eventually someone will just end it's life LOL

Currently it runs though Still drive it daily even
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-19, 08:55 AM   #555
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
I got hit and run on twice last year. So I just figure eventually someone will just end it's life LOL

Currently it runs though Still drive it daily even

Haha Jesus well, that is kind of sad to hear but I also get it. The white sti got hit on the driver fender, I replaced the fender, got ran off the road in Colorado from a driver spinning out in a snow storm. So replaced the whole front bumper and got them to repaint the entire front of the car. 5 days later, got hit on the same exact fender again and went back to the shop for another week. Once I got it back, the wiring to the fuel pump failed and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. So it was down for another 3 days. Haha I was like someone please just blow this bitch up.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-19, 09:24 AM   #556
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Haha Jesus well, that is kind of sad to hear but I also get it. The white sti got hit on the driver fender, I replaced the fender, got ran off the road in Colorado from a driver spinning out in a snow storm. So replaced the whole front bumper and got them to repaint the entire front of the car. 5 days later, got hit on the same exact fender again and went back to the shop for another week. Once I got it back, the wiring to the fuel pump failed and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. So it was down for another 3 days. Haha I was like someone please just blow this bitch up.

God the feels are so real. Scary real even. LOL
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-12-19, 11:30 AM   #557
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

Washed the STI last night. First time “cleaning it” since I bought it. The car is loaded up on swirl marks, and small scratches. Hood scoop is faded as well. Kind of annoying, but, 11 year old car so can’t be that upset.

Definitely looks alright from 10+ feet away.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-19, 09:59 AM   #558
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

Did some preventative maintenance and what not. Also, put it back to “stock” so I can go pass smog. So, TMIC, intake, and DP.

Downpipe was a beast cause the EWG is right in the way. So had to take that off, put the stock DP on, then could only put the WG on and not the dump pipe.

Of course a stock TMIC is gonna be a nightmare with a different turbo. So, that actually went super easy. Which was nice cause I was annoyed about the DP. Haha

Intake was fun cause I misplaced the hose that goes from the inlet to the intake box so I got semi discouraged cause I was thinking maybe I didn’t buy it with the box? But, sure enough, it was under a towel I threw onto my tool box. #fail

Car had hella horns on it. I was gonna leave them because I figured to pass safety I’d need a horn but I really wanted to take them off. Sure enough, not even plugged in. Haha ridiculous.

Then changed the oil with Motul 5w-40. Followed up by a new Subaru cabin filter.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-19, 10:05 AM   #559
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

One of the best things I did on my car... Remove the EWG.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-20-19, 03:29 PM   #560
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
One of the best things I did on my car... Remove the EWG.

Well, my turbos IWG is welded shut. So. Haha can’t really do that.

Also, failed emissions. Cali is picky as fuck. FPR failed, and EWG failed. I figured the EWG would but was hoping they wouldn’t see it. The FPR is a surprise to me, so that was annoying cause now the uppipe has to come out.

Also failed Not Ready codes for EVAP and O2 sensor. So, gotta figure those out as well.

If anyone has a stock up pipe and stock FPR system for 08-14 cars let me know.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement