GR Sedan: Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi - Page 55 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi
Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

Old 04-07-19, 04:31 PM   #541
tylerandreas
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Wingless
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

Well, dug into the car today. Took the mudflaps off, had a stupid ass LED light bar in front of the FMIC(barf), took that off. Cleaned the front calipers, removed the sub(too old for that now). Took off the N1 and put on the Milltek. It sounds night and day better IMO. It’s crooked in this picture and hangs kind of low. Gonna find some new hangers, but already fixed the lean to the right. Just didn’t snag a new pic.

Next weekend I’ll probably spend my time cleaning it some more. I need to find a stock intake and Down-Pipe so I can do a smog on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-19, 01:00 PM   #542
Jonnywachter
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 10' Red STI hatch
Fav Mod: Speedhut gauges
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jonnywachter is on a distinguished road

I don't know the specifics, but are you aware of the 08's having a weaker trans?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-08-19, 02:00 PM   #543
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnywachter View Post
I don't know the specifics, but are you aware of the 08's having a weaker trans?

I’m not worried about it

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-19, 02:54 PM   #544
eaglehunter
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Fav Mod: Cobb AP, downpipe and protune (best bang for bucks thus far)
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

eaglehunter is on a distinguished road

Nice, I had to drive approx 300 or so miles with a Q300 and that drove me insane... Can just imagine what it must have been like with the N1. First opportunity the milltek went on and that was night and day... still very happy with that decision.

I have a Crawford catted downpipe if you are interested... not stock but catted and should be acceptable... but then again it is california, so who knows...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-08-19, 04:31 PM   #545
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglehunter View Post
Nice, I had to drive approx 300 or so miles with a Q300 and that drove me insane... Can just imagine what it must have been like with the N1. First opportunity the milltek went on and that was night and day... still very happy with that decision.

I have a Crawford catted downpipe if you are interested... not stock but catted and should be acceptable... but then again it is california, so who knows...

Yea, my old sti had an Q300 and i really like it. But it was noticeably louder than the Milltek.

Thanks man, but that will fail in Cali as well. I’m just trying to find a stock downpipe.

Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-09-19, 07:02 AM   #546
Leemanfor
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: EFR 7163 Turbo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura about

I really like the R400 but I'm worried about the droning with my catless downpipe.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-09-19, 02:29 PM   #547
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemanfor View Post
I really like the R400 but I'm worried about the droning with my catless downpipe.

I finally heard my first R400 from the guy I bought this Milltek from. That is what he replaced it with. It was definitely louder than my Catless DP/Q300 setup. Think of it as a mix between Q300 and N1

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-10-19, 07:48 AM   #548
Leemanfor
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: EFR 7163 Turbo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandreas View Post
I finally heard my first R400 from the guy I bought this Milltek from. That is what he replaced it with. It was definitely louder than my Catless DP/Q300 setup. Think of it as a mix between Q300 and N1

oh man. i heard my first Q300 a couple months ago with a catless downpipe and was very surprised at how loud it was.

Nothing beats the basic straight pipe I had a couple years ago. 3 in turboback with catless downpipe and just a glasspack resonator to keep the droning down. it sounded tits, but was so fucking loud I couldn't talk on the phone in the car cause people kept telling me they couldn't hear me lol

I had a couple magnaflow mufflers welded in once my wife blew up my DD and I had to start DDing this car, but its so quiet.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-10-19, 07:18 PM   #549
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemanfor View Post
oh man. i heard my first Q300 a couple months ago with a catless downpipe and was very surprised at how loud it was.

Nothing beats the basic straight pipe I had a couple years ago. 3 in turboback with catless downpipe and just a glasspack resonator to keep the droning down. it sounded tits, but was so fucking loud I couldn't talk on the phone in the car cause people kept telling me they couldn't hear me lol

I had a couple magnaflow mufflers welded in once my wife blew up my DD and I had to start DDing this car, but its so quiet.

I haaate straight pipes Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

The white sti was Catless with a Q300 with 80k miles on it, and tomei EL headers. It was loud as balls at WOT. But under normal driving conditions it was pretty tame. I really miss that sound honestly.

Once I get this bitch registered here in CA I’ll find some coilovers and maybe wheels.

Also, paint is pretty rough. Debating on taking on the project of paint correction myself. I grew up in a body shop, but idk how much clear is gonna need cut off as it’s pretty swirled up. So not sure I want to invest the time in it and just have a professional fix her up.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-19, 06:26 AM   #550
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hahaha Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi listen, you’re right. But I did buy a car with a built motor from a good shop, and got it tested. IMO that is the most expensive part of this cars downfall. Should be fun. Or blow up. Who knows.

Hehe

Quote:
I haaate straight pipes Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

The white sti was Catless with a Q300 with 80k miles on it, and tomei EL headers. It was loud as balls at WOT. But under normal driving conditions it was pretty tame. I really miss that sound honestly.

Once I get this bitch registered here in CA I’ll find some coilovers and maybe wheels.

Also, paint is pretty rough. Debating on taking on the project of paint correction myself. I grew up in a body shop, but idk how much clear is gonna need cut off as it’s pretty swirled up. So not sure I want to invest the time in it and just have a professional fix her up.

People keep running into my car, literally, I almost don't even want to have it fixed now.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement