GR Sedan: Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi - Page 20 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi
Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi
Go Back   STI Forums > > > GR Sedan: Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

Old 02-27-17, 06:37 AM   #191
tylerandreas
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Wingless
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI--Tune Scheduled for 3/6/2017

I'm ready for summer. Tyler's '13 SWP STI-- 417WHP/427WTQ E85 @24psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-17, 09:34 AM   #192
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

feels. the cold is overrated
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-03-17, 11:53 AM   #193
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

tylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the roughtylerandreas is a jewel in the rough

Monday needs to hurry up. Ready to tune this ol girl. I want boooost.

Also, side note. I've been noticing puffs of smoke during start ups. I haven't really been seeing anything during normal driving. But it definitely concerned me. So I spoke to my engine builder and asked him if it's normal/ok. He said I would probably see small amounts of oil burning during start ups but not much. So, I'm guessing it's ok for now. Doing a compression test Monday before my tune to check the health of the motor.

I literally can't hurt my car right now. There is a 4k rev limiter, and a 5psi alarm. So I don't know. Plus, I changed my oil at 550miles with more break in oil. So we will see.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-17, 12:31 PM   #194
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI--Updated 2/9/2017 CAR IS BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandreas View Post
I think the Blue is the best option, honestly. Green just isn't enough power for me, and the black is overkill.

Definitely thinking TMIC is what I'm going to do for now until I decide I want to track my car and I'll go FMIC at that point.
Looking at their site, the Green (61 lbs/min) flows more that the Blue (57 lbs/min).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbrac27 View Post
Man I've been looking into their new Blue setup as well, now its having me even more undecided between the Black and Green HTA..

I've also ended up rethinking my goal setup to going with a bigger TMIC instead of front as well, that price point for my overall power goals just isn't worth it in my mind when I can hit the same exact power numbers I want with an ETS FMIC the same I would with their FMIC.

I'm looking forward to seeing yours tuned and finished though!
EFR 7163 stock location kit would be my pick in these size turbos.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-06-17, 08:03 AM   #195
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Dropped my car off at my tuner today. Weather is a crazy mess here. Icy roads, snowed about 5inches last night. Car was blasted with ice and snow. I felt bad dropping the car off there like that, but really didn't have a choice. I wish I could have hung out and watched him tune the car. But just have this priority called work.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-06-17, 05:54 PM   #196
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

No car yet. I guess where my boost gauge was tapped in, was causing a vacuum fluctuation. Once he solved that, he determined my new AEM 320 pump was bad. So he changed that, and now everything seems to be running ok. Then I guess there is an oil leak on the banjo bolt on the turbo that he is going to address once the engine cools off.

I really can't say enough about Ryan Kitchens at Simple Performance. He was there at 9am when I dropped the car off, and has worked up until now 8pm. He said he can work until about 9:45pm but has to get home after that to watch kids cause his wife works nights. The fact that he would put his entire day into my car like this means a lot to me. I'm so excited to get my car back, but I'm even more excited he is going through the car and fixing the small bugs and doing it correctly the first time.

So I'll probably end up snagging the car in the morning at some point.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-08-17, 06:07 AM   #197
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI--Still at the dyno fixing some issues 3/7/17

Well, still no car. Oil leak has been found. The oil feed line had a pin hole in it which was leaking onto the turbo. Since it's a special order item from Subaru, he decided to make one in house. So we are hoping that will work today. Which hopefully is the last speed bump.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-08-17, 07:48 AM   #198
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Picture of said home made oil feed line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-08-17, 07:58 AM   #199
Joebie
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: The car...
My Subaru Parts for sale

Joebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the roughJoebie is a jewel in the rough

It should work. I did the same thing!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-08-17, 12:02 PM   #200
tylerandreas

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: Tyler's '13 SWP STI--Mmm oil leak on the dyno 3/8/17

More shitty luck. Lost an o-ring on cylinder 3 injector, so now Ryan is trying to find a new o-ring. A friend made a joke on Monday about the car. I said it should be done today. And they said, "Well with your luck it will be done in a month."

No truer words have been spoken before.

Last edited by tylerandreas; 03-08-17 at 12:06 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement